Entertainment News Archive - October 04, 2005
By Tom Roland LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Success often requires recognizing limits and finding a way to work creatively within them.
By Deborah Wilker MORRISON, Colo. (Amusement Business) - There have been so many Gulf Coast fundraisers in recent weeks, it seems some have just run together.
By Cynthia Littleton LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The road from the marriage proposal to the nuptials can be a rocky one for any couple.
By Shiraz Sidhva PARIS (Hollywood Reporter) - Vincent Cassel ("Ocean's Twelve") will play France's former Public Enemy No. 1 in a two-part project set to begin shooting next summer.
LONDON (Reuters) - British comedian Ronnie Barker, the big half of the famous duo The Two Ronnies and the indomitable Fletch in prison sitcom Porridge, has died aged 76.
By Kerstin Gehmlich PARIS (Reuters) - Actress Sharon Stone defended Kate Moss on Tuesday and implicitly criticized companies who were parting with the British supermodel after a newspaper alleged Moss had snorted cocaine.
By Phil Stewart ROME (Reuters) - Having sought to portray a lighter side to Nazi concentration camps, Italian actor-director Roberto Benigni is now looking for love and laughs in wartime Iraq.
By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Why can't an elephant ever be on the radio? Answer: He would break it.
By Kerstin Gehmlich PARIS (Reuters) - British designer John Galliano used a "nude" theme and a dramatic light show to bring the enormous glass cupola of Paris's Grand Palais back to life on Tuesday after it was closed for works for a decade.
By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Two weeks into the new U.S.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.