Entertainment News Archive - July 04, 2005
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tom Cruise celebrated his 43rdbirthday on Sunday atop the worldwide box office with "War ofthe Worlds," the costly alien-invasion thriller directed bySteven Spielberg.
LONDON (Reuters) - Dead rapper 2Pac ruled the U.K. popsingles chart for a second week on Sunday with a track thatsamples an Elton John song, while teen Welsh soprano CharlotteChurch came in at No. 2 with her first pop outing.
By Jonathan Cohen NEW YORK (Billboard) - Scottish rock band Franz Ferdinandis about a week away from locking down the track list for itssecond album, which will be released Oct. 4, according to leadsinger Alex Kapranos.
LONDON (Reuters) - They came out of charity. They left withbooming record sales.
By Mike Collett-White LONDON (Reuters) - They came out of charity. They left withbooming record sales.
By Dean Goodman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tom Cruise's alien-invasionthriller "War of the Worlds" was the top movie around the worldlast weekend, erasing speculation that the star's antics inrecent months could hurt its prospects at the box office.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.