Entertainment News Archive - July 05, 2005
By Michael Paoletta NEW YORK (Billboard) - It has been a busy couple of weeksfor celebrity-driven hip-hop brands. Rapper The Game partnered with 310 Motoring and Skechers tocreate a shoe line. Nelly introduced his premium light energydrink PJ Tight.
By Antony Bruno LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Several recent market studies byindustry analysts suggest the demand for portable digital musicplayers is poised to skyrocket this year, reaching the criticalmass needed for online music services to thrive.
By Nigel Williamson LONDON (Billboard) - A new album by a blindhusband-and-wife duo from the west African nation of Mali isthe latest world music project being marketed to a mainstreamaudience.
By Mike Collett-White LONDON (Reuters) - Fifty, or even 150 years ago, longbefore the advent of PR machines and paparazzi, stars andleaders had the kind of control over their image that today'scelebrities could only dream of, a new exhibition shows.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.