Entertainment News Archive - May 12, 2006
By Tatiana Siegel LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Independent distributor ThinkFilm has acquired worldwide rights to "Off the Black," a coming-of-age drama starring Nick Nolte and Timothy Hutton.
By Sheigh Crabtree LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Its riches to "Rags" for Tommy Hilfiger. The fashion mogul, who sold Tommy Hilfiger Corp.
By Nellie Andreeva) LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - It could be a very short hiatus for Jane Kaczmarek, who might play another TV wife on a primetime comedy series next season.
By Sheri Linden LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - A pop-froth spin on Cinderella, the Manhattan-set "Just My Luck" has the feel of a contemporary screwball romance, if not the crackling one-liners of classic screwball.
By John Gaudiosi LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - When "Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run" ships to video stores in September, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will become the first Hollywood action star to step into the role of an original character for the video game and its big-screen adaptation.
By Gregg Kilday LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter)
MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine Catholic bishops gave priests and parishioners guidelines on Friday on how to refute the plot of religious novel "The Da Vinci Code" as the Asian country gears up for its cinema release.
By Paul Majendie LONDON (Reuters) - Julie Andrews
By Bob Tourtellotte LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Last
By Adam Pasick LONDON (Reuters) - The BBC plans to rock in virtual reality on Saturday with a simulcast of its Radio 1 Big Weekend Music Festival inside the popular online game Second Life.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.