Entertainment News Archive - January 02, 2009
MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Siegal's Direct Nutritionals, LLC, worldwide distributor of the venerable Dr.
NEW YORK, Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/-- Imnotobsessed.com, a work and home friendly celebrity gossip website reaching millions of viewers per month, has published the results of their second annual reader poll, The Obsessies.
VALDOSTA, Ga., Jan.
SAN DIEGO, Jan.
Beyonce's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) is No. 1 on the U.S. record chart for a fourth week, Billboard.com reported. Coming in at No. 2 on The Billboard Hot 100 is Lady GaGa's Just Dance featuring Colby O'Donis, followed by T.I.'s Live Your Life featuring Rihanna at No.
The surviving members of the iconic rock group the Grateful Dead have announced plans to embark on their first U.S.
Australian film actor Hugh Jackman dropped out of talks to star in Cleo, director Steven Soderbergh's upcoming 3-D, live-action musical, Variety.com said. The $30 million film with a rock 'n' roll soundtrack is to co-star Chicago Oscar winner Catherine Zeta-Jones as the ancient Egyptian queen Cleopatra. The entertainment industry trade newspaper said Soderbergh wanted Australia and X-Men star Jackman to play her lover, the Roman general Marc Antony, however, the actor declined after giving the role some consideration.
WESTPORT, Conn., Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The recession is heightening competition for a dwindling number of IT jobs, while exerting downward pressure on compensation.
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- While the "Standards" are vanishing from many traditional radio stations one up-start Internet station is trying to reverse the trend.
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif., Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's fast-paced, demanding culture often makes it challenging to find ways to establish and maintain good physical and mental health.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.