Entertainment News Archive - January 17, 2010
NEW YORK, Jan. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- With the help of the entertainment industry's finest, BET Networks honored distinguished African Americans performing at exceptional levels in their fields by presenting the third annual BET HONORS.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y., Jan. 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Saratoga Performing Arts Center has announced that HSBC Bank USA, N.A. ("HSBC") will be the exclusive Title Sponsor for its 2010 classical season. The sponsorship by HSBC is anticipated to be the company's largest U.S.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation puts in place first-of-its-kind Emergency Information Service ('EIS') in Haiti - The EIS is exclusively operating for and on behalf of earthquake survivors, using local languages, French and Creole - The service is free and global.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.