Entertainment News Archive - January 17, 2010
NEW YORK, Jan. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- With the help of the entertainment industry's finest, BET Networks honored distinguished African Americans performing at exceptional levels in their fields by presenting the third annual BET HONORS.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y., Jan. 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Saratoga Performing Arts Center has announced that HSBC Bank USA, N.A. ("HSBC") will be the exclusive Title Sponsor for its 2010 classical season. The sponsorship by HSBC is anticipated to be the company's largest U.S.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation puts in place first-of-its-kind Emergency Information Service ('EIS') in Haiti - The EIS is exclusively operating for and on behalf of earthquake survivors, using local languages, French and Creole - The service is free and global.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.