Homeowners Consumer Center Demands The Obama Administration Stop Being AWOL From Toxic Chinese Drywall Disaster In Florida And Virginia & Demands China Pays For This Mess
The Homeowners Consumer Center is calling the imported toxic Chinese drywall disaster the worst environmental disaster for US homeowners ever, with at least 200,000 US homes involved from Florida to Virginia. The Homeowners Consumer Center has been calling for a robust federal response from the Obama Administration since March of 2009-shortly after the scope of the disaster became apparent. The Homeowners Consumer Center says, “Our number one concern about toxic Chinese drywall has always been what are the long term exposure health issues going to be for the 100,000′s of US citizens who live, or used to live in one of these homes? Toxic Chinese drywall is known to off gas Hydrogen Sulfide. In Florida a home with toxic Chinese drywall goes through a copper Air conditioning coil about once a year. The Hydrogen sulfide eats through the copper. We are 110% certain long term exposure to toxic Chinese drywall will prematurely kill thousands of innocent US citizens, and President Obama has yet to mention this disaster one time in public? Just as insulting the Obama Administration has not yet publicly demanded the Chinese government pay for the damages done to innocent US citizens by the Chinese state owned factories that produced toxic Chinese drywall. We do not think this was the Hope and Change US citizens were expecting; and too busy with campaign fundraising events in Hollywood for three years is not an excuse.” http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.Com
(PRWEB) August 13, 2012
The Homeowners Consumer Center believes in Florida alone there at least 100,000 homes that contain toxic Chinese drywall. Add in Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Southeast Texas they think there are another 100,000 plus homes. While President Obama likes to go to campaign fundraising events for himself in Florida, or Virginia he has yet to mention toxic Chinese drywall one time in public, the US EPA has not established a protocol for a remediation of a toxic Chinese drywall home, and the US Centers for Disease Control has done nothing. The Homeowners Consumer Center says, “If the electrical wires in a home that contains toxic Chinese drywall turn black, and or if the copper air conditioning coils turn black, and start to leak in about a year-what is it doing to the health of the men, women, and children living in these homes? Why do we do business with trading partners like the Chinese, when they never take responsibility for what they have done-in this case to 100,000′s of innocent US citizens? The US Toxic Chinese Drywall Disaster required an immediate federal response, with an effective President, who was in charge in 2009-it is now August 2012?” http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.Com
Important note from the Homeowners Consumer Center, “We could not help but notice the week of August 6th 2012 a proxy of President Obama’s campaign effort put out a television ad depicting a steel worker, who lost his wife to cancer. The theme of the ad was Governor Mitt Romney was to blame. The ad was later to proven to be a deceitful lie. However, we are 110% certain exposure to toxic Chinese drywall is going to prematurely kill thousands of US Citizens. If anyone in the national press doubts us-come on down to Florida, and lets do show, and tell.” http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.Com
So What Needs To Change With Respect To The Toxic Chinese Drywall Disaster? The Homeowners Consumer Center says the following things need to happen immediately:
- “President Obama needs to immediately address the Toxic Chinese Drywall Disaster to the nation.”
- Simultaneous to admitting the toxic Chinese drywall disaster is very real in Florida, Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Southeast Texas, President Obama needs to dispatch the EPA to impacted states to establish a remediation protocol to repair these homes. If a remediation protocol cannot be established-the toxic Chinese drywall homes should be bulldozed, and permanently removed from the US housing inventory.
- The Homeowners Consumer Center is demanding a moratorium for the sale of any home foreclosure that contains toxic Chinese drywall until a remediation protocol can be established by the US EPA.
- The Homeowners Consumer Center is demanding the US Centers for Disease Control immediately begin a robust study of the health effects related to long term exposure to toxic Chinese drywall in Florida, Virginia, and the US Gulf States. The focus of the study should be cancer, and neurological disorders caused by long term exposure to toxic Chinese drywall.
- The Homeowners Consumer Center says, “China needs to pay for the US toxic Chinese drywall disaster-they created-with their very toxic drywall products.”
- Finally the Homeowners Consumer Center is formally requesting Judge Fallon of the Federal District Court in New Orleans create a new deadline to identify more homeowners, who are stuck in a home that contains Knauf Tianjin toxic Chinese drywall. The group says, “5000 US homeowners identified by this court is at best one tenth of what is really out there. The problem with both the Knauf Tianjin, and or the Chinese Government made Taishan toxic Chinese drywall-is both products were in most cases intermixed with US made drywall. Intermixing US made drywall with toxic Chinese drywall makes the number of homes impacted increase exponentially. As an example we know of two subdivisions in Cape Coral, Florida within a half mile radios that contain nearly 2500 Knauf Tianjin toxic Chinese drywall homes-and that is just one neighborhood-not the entire state of Florida. Why should these innocent US homeowners, or US taxpayers get left holding the bag for a problem-that should not be theirs?” http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.Com
The Homeowners Consumer Center is urging any US citizen wishing to learn more information about toxic Chinese drywall to visit the Chinese Drywall Complaint Center’s web site for pictures. symptoms, and additional information about toxic Chinese drywall at http://ChineseDrywallComplaintCenter.Com
(United States District Court-Eastern District of Louisiana MDL Case #2047)
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9790760.htm