Healing Healthcare with Civility Training
In the Know, Inc. presents the first comprehensive turnkey solution for civility training designed exclusively for the healthcare industry.
Durham, NC (PRWEB) September 18, 2012
The healthcare industry is hiding a dirty little secret and it´s making everyone sick. A pervasive culture of incivility among healthcare employees is causing dangerous medical errors, poor patient satisfaction, higher employee turnover and higher healthcare costs for everyone.
In the Know, Inc. now offers the only healthcare-specific civility training program designed to meet the unique needs of the healthcare environment. Based on their popular book, “The REAL Healthcare Reform,” ITK´s program is a complete turnkey solution that contains everything a healthcare organization needs to get a civility training program up and running immediately.
The Joint Commission recognizes that employees who behave in a way that “undermines a culture of safety” present a serious hazard to safe and effective patient care. It recommends that all accredited healthcare organizations work toward the prevention of incivility in the workplace.
Healthcare organizations that follow the Joint Commission´s recommendations and implement civility training will find that it:
1. Reduces costly medical errors. Incivility ruins communication among the healthcare team and poor communication is a direct threat to patient safety. Civility training decreases dangerous and potentially deadly medical errors by improving teamwork and communication.
2. Increases employee retention. A staggering number of healthcare employees report having quit a job because of incivility. Civility training improves employee retention at every level, saving organizations the precious time and money involved in hiring and training new employees.
3. Cuts down on “call-outs” and absenteeism. Working in a culture of incivility leads to more absenteeism. Up to 47% of healthcare employees report spending less time at work because of incivility. Civility training creates an atmosphere that energizes and inspires those who are in it. Employees who are energized and inspired will look forward to coming to work, thus reducing the rate of absenteeism.
4. Eliminates conflict and drama. Incivility leads to conflict and conflict = DRAMA! Healthcare professionals who embrace civility are less likely to burn out, bully or “eat their young!” This means less conflict and drama in the workplace.
5. Improves patient satisfaction and enhances the organization’s reputation. Disgruntled, dissatisfied and disengaged employees don´t provide quality care to the patients they serve. This leads to a decrease in patient satisfaction. Patients who are dissatisfied with the care they receive share their negative experience with others in the community. Healthcare organizations that embrace civility enjoy improved patient satisfaction…and satisfied patients who speak well of the organization in the community enhance that organization´s reputation.
In the Know´s Civility Training packages are available for as few as 12 learners and come complete with a copy of The REAL Healthcare Reform for each learner and an Instructor´s Manual for the educator.
Healthcare educators will find the Instructor´s Manual full of engaging classroom activities, thought-provoking discussion questions, convenient PowerPoint presentations, tips for improving participation and a CD with master copies of all the handouts and presentations.
The program materials are appropriate for every individual in the healthcare environment, clinical and nonclinical alike. Administrators, managers, nurses, aides, secretaries, and everyone in between, will find the program easy to use and understand. In addition, the program provides six hours of inservice credit for all Certified Nursing Assistants.
To learn more about In the Know´s Civility Training Program, visit http://www.embracingcivility.com and call 877-809-5515 to order your program today!
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/9/prweb9900880.htm