Hyperlocal Business Leaders Prepare to Go Head-to-Head at Second Annual Street Fight Summit West
Street Fight today announced that Street Fight Summit West 2013 will bring hyperlocal business leaders together in one-on-one discussions to debate key issues in hyperlocal. The event, now in its second year, will be held at the Bently Reserve in downtown San Francisco on June 4, 2013.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 14, 2013
Street Fight today announced that Street Fight Summit West 2013 will bring hyperlocal business leaders together in one-on-one discussions to debate key issues in hyperlocal. In addition to these moderated “street fights,” Street Fight Summit West will feature fireside chats, panels and presentations covering the most relevant topics to the dynamic hyperlocal industry. The event, now in its second year, will be held at the Bently Reserve in downtown San Francisco on June 4, 2013.
Street Fight Summit West 2013 showcases hyperlocal business leaders from well-known companies throughout the industry. Some of the headliners already confirmed to speak at Street Fight Summit West include:
• Mike Ghaffary, VP Business Development, Yelp
• Patrick Gaulthier, Head of Product Strategy, Retail Services, PayPal
• Chuck Kimble, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Square
• Keith Rabois, Investor, Khosla Ventures
• Howard Lerman, CEO, Yext
• Rob Reed, CEO, MomentFeed
• Tim Judd, CEO, eLocal Listing
• Chris Tolles, CEO, Topix
• Gil Elbaz, CEO, Factual
• Aron Schwarzkopf, CEO, Leaf
Street Fight Summit West will explore themes in local marketing including the expanding scope of local business; the shifting role of publishers in local marketing; the impact of tablet technologies at the checkout register; and how adoption of mobile technologies is creating new opportunities at the local level. Event highlights include:
• A keynote presentation by Mike Ghaffary, VP Business Development at Yelp, on how the web and mobile apps are driving $1 trillion in local commerce.
• “Street Fight” one-on-one debates featuring Josh McCarter from Booker, Howard Lerman from Yext, and Chris Tolles from Topix, among others.
• Demos from 500 Startups, a Silicon Valley-based startup accelerator, showcasing emerging hyperlocal companies Appstack, LocBox, Glyder and OwnLocal.
• Results from Street Fight Insight´s new white paper, “Hyperlocal Targeting on the Mobile Platform,” analyzing the effectiveness of targeting consumers through their mobile devices.
“Hyperlocal business models are at an intense inflection point, with many differing viewpoints on how the space will evolve. ℠Street fights´ between key players quickly get to the heart of pressing issues to help pinpoint and illuminate the best ideas in this dynamic sector.”
– David Hirschman, Co-founder & COO, Street Fight
About Street Fight and Street Fight Events:
Street Fight is a media, events, and research company focused on the business of hyperlocal content, commerce and technology. The Street Fight website publishes news, commentary, case studies, and how-to articles to help the hyperlocal ecosystem achieve sustainable business models. To learn more, visit http://streetfightmag.com.
Street Fight Events operates proprietary and custom events for all aspects of hyperlocal business. The Street Fight Summit is held in New York City every fall, and the Street Fight Summit West is held in San Francisco every spring.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10730751.htm