Memorial Day Weekend Beauty Tips
Cosmetics Cop Paula Begoun and the Paula´s Choice Research Team provide women with tips on how to look beautiful in the warm weather.
Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) May 16, 2013
It might not feel like summer everywhere just yet, but with the Memorial Day holiday–the unofficial start of the season–is here. Barbecues, outdoor parties, long weekends, and days at the beach and pool are on the agenda, so why not look great while having fun with friends and family? Cosmetics Cop Paula Begoun and the Paula´s Choice Research Team share their easy tips to stay beautiful as the warm weather kicks off.
- Wear sunscreen, and plenty of it. The best way to keep skin young and healthy year round is to wear sunscreen daily, and this becomes especially important during the summer, when everyone spends much more time outdoors. Choose a formula with SPF 15 or greater (and greater is better) and apply liberally to any skin that´s going to be exposed to the sun. Most people don´t like the somewhat “greasy” feel lots of sunscreens have, but not to worry – there are a wide variety of matte and non-shiny versions out there, so there´s no excuse to go without protection. Check out our list of Best Sunscreens here.
- Go light on the foundation. A lot of women don´t want to leave the house without their “faces” on, especially when heading to a social function. But outside in natural bright light, a full face can look overdone and obvious, which is never the goal with foundation. Our advice is to use a lighter formula that won´t look or feel so heavy in the heat and sunshine of the outdoors. A tinted moisturizer or BB cream can be the perfect answer; each offers lightweight coverage, helps perfect skin tone, and hides minor flaws. Even better, many of these come with SPF, adding extra sun protection. Two favorites: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30 ($10.99) and Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20 ($34).
- Add bronzer or self-tanner for a hint of safe color. Of course, there´s nothing wrong with your own skin color, but as summer begins, a lot of people like a sun-kissed glow. Get a safe tan (avoid the damage of tanning outdoors or in a tanning bed) with a bronzer or self-tanner. Dust bronzer over the areas of the face that usually get the most sun: forehead, nose, cheeks. You can also use that bronzer as a blush, just on the cheeks, to give the face a healthy summer glow. Find some of the most flattering bronzers (no muddy or orange disasters here!) on our list of Best Bronzers. And you can add a warm glow to your body with a self-tanner like Purminerals Get a Little Self Tanning Lotion ($22.50) or Banana Boat Summer Sun Self-Tanning Lotion ($7.69).
- Don´t forget lip color. Most Memorial Day celebrations are food focused, which might discourage women from wearing lipstick (why bother if you´re going to eat it all off, right?). But a little lip color can add just the right polish to a summer look. For those who want a lighter option, a lip stain like e.l.f. Studio Lip Stain ($3.00) is the right way to go. Or try a long-lasting lipstick like Sephora Color Lip Last Lipstick ($12.00), which can power through nine hours of wear– and yes that includes a BBQ meal!
- Use mascara, and eyeliner instead of eye shadow. To make eyes stand out for an informal gathering like a Memorial Day picnic, doing full eye makeup isn´t necessary – but don´t ignore lashes. A few quick swipes of mascara and a soft sweep of eyeliner can be done quickly and look naturally beautiful, even in the brightest daylight. Choose a waterproof mascara option like Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof Mascara ($7.29). It boosts lash length, lifts lashes, and comes at a great price.
For additional product recommendations, visit CosmeticsCop.com.
# # #
Led by best-selling author and beauty expert Paula Begoun, the Paula´s Choice Research Team evaluates and reviews hundreds of skin-care and makeup products, in books such as Don´t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me as well as online at CosmeticsCop.com. Combining cosmetics industry knowledge and expertise, Paula and her team have developed the Paula´s Choice line of state-of-the-art formulations based on reliable, published skin-care research. Products include skin-care, makeup, body and hair-care products, beauty tools, and accessories. All products are fragrance-free, cruelty free, and environmentally friendly.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10738975.htm