For Father’s Day, 6 Simple Ways Men Can Protect Their Reproductive Health
With low sperm counts, male infertility and prostate cancer among the top reproductive health issues potentially caused by endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), Essential Safe Products offers ways men can protect themselves.
Plantation, FL (PRWEB) June 05, 2013
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs), which can be found in many household and industrial products, have been linked to specific and dire diseases as well as disorders in humans. In particular, studies have shown there are reproductive issues caused by exposure to these chemicals that can be avoided by taking action.
“Well known examples of EDCs include phthalates (a plastic-softener), BPA (in much of our plastic products), parabens and pesticides,” said President of Essential Safe Products, Hannah Helsabeck. Hannah´s company offers information and replacements for toxin-laden products in everyday lives. “We hope to be a beacon for families determined to make positive changes for their health.”
In light of Father´s Day, ESP is sharing valuable information to help men avoid exposure to EDCs that may cause the following conditions:
- Reduce semen quality
- Low sperm counts
- Male infertility
- Hormonal changes
- Testicular and prostate cancer
- Miscarriage in your partner
Following are 6 simple ways men (and their families) can help reduce contact with these chemicals:
1) Choose a natural shaving cream (and natural bath and body products) – When possible, select products made from plant based materials and natural oils, to avoid contact with parabens and other toxins. Also, beware of the word “fragrance,” a general term that doesn´t disclose the specific ingredients and may include harmful chemicals.
2) Stick with regular soap and water – Avoid “antibacterial” soaps as well as toothpastes that may contain triclosan, a chemical that could interfere with thyroid hormones. And according to the FDA, there is no evidence that “antibacterial” has any health benefits over standard soap and water.
3) Skip the fast food – Toxins known for their “non-stick” quality could be lurking in the paper fast-food wrappers/containers of your favorite drive-thrus. Just another reason besides the health benefits to stay away from all that grease.
4) Cook at home – Say goodbye to quick microwavable dinners, which could have BPA in the wrapping. Instead, take time to cook your meals in safer cookware (like glass, stainless steel, or cast iron) and avoid non-stick options that could emit toxins like PFOAs.
5) Pack your lunch – Avoid plastic and Styrofoam packaging, silverware, cups and other disposable items. Instead, bring your lunch in glass or stainless steel containers and pack a reusable water bottle.
6) Eat “cleaner” – Choose organic fruits and vegetables whenever possible as they´ve been shown to have less pesticide residue. And either way, rinse all your produce to avoid consuming chemicals. Also, try to avoid canned foods, as there can be BPA in the lining.
When utilizing the above along with other steps to a toxin-free lifestyle, you can help reduce your chances of disease and improve your health.
About Essential Safe Products (ESP)
Essential Safe Products is dedicated to helping people live eco friendly, healthy and non-toxic lifestyles. Started by a mother of 6 in her quest to find safe alternatives to toxin-laden products, the company shares invaluable knowledge and resources on their website, http://www.LiveESP.com. On a mission to positively influence people´s lives, ESP is a one-stop source for trusted information and safer, more environmentally friendly products.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/6/prweb10800127.htm