Cresco Concrete Products, LLC Introduces the Liteblok™ Jumbo
Liteblok is a precision molded, interlocking, mortarless building block made from lightweight cellular concrete and composed of sand, cement and a network of tiny, discrete air pockets. Applications include homes, buildings, fences and retaining walls.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) June 14, 2013
Cresco Concrete Products, LLC announces the introduction of the new Liteblok Jumbo. Liteblok is a precision molded, interlocking, mortarless building block allowing for the rapid construction of inexpensive walls. Liteblok is made from lightweight cellular concrete and is composed of sand, cement and a network of tiny, discrete air pockets. Liteblok is a form; the holes within the blocks enclose a structure of steel reinforced concrete columns and beams.
The 5” thick, 10” tall by 20” wide (nominal dimensions) Jumbo joins three existing block sizes: Standard (5” thick by 5” tall by 10”wide), Tall (5” thick by 10” tall by 10” wide) and Grande (8” thick by 8” tall by 16” wide).
All blocks offer the following features:
- Fast and easy construction resulting in significant cost savings
- Simple to use, they stack without mortar, are self-aligning, take regular nails, and can be cut with a hand saw
- Strong wall systems can be built that are resistant to high winds and seismic activity
- The system is versatile with double walls, ledges, and molded-in-place plumbing and electrical fixtures accommodated
Liteblok is a green building material offering numerous LEED® credit opportunities. The green characteristics of Liteblok include the following:
- Energy efficient with very high equivalent R-values and smaller A/C systems required
- Lightweight material (density as low as 1/4 that of conventional concrete) means significantly less sand and cement is consumed
- No heat is used in its manufacture contributing to a lower embodied energy than all other similarly performing building materials
- Long lasting, durable structures can be built resulting in less waste and less energy cost to society
- Does not rot, is not attacked by vermin or termites, is mold and mildew resistant, and does not absorb moisture into its core resulting in less maintenance and less waste generated through maintenance
- Contains no VOCs or toxic substances. No ozone depleting or hazardous chemicals are used during manufacture. Heavy use of pesticide is not required prior to installation. It is a very clean breathable building material that offers excellent indoor air quality
- Totally inorganic block that is fire resistant
- It is a modular wall system that results in minimal job site waste
- Liteblok can be recycled at the end of its life and used, for example, as aggregate in concrete or green roofs
- Its light weight means reduced freight loads and less energy consumption and pollution during transport
- Sound absorbing qualities result in significantly reduced indoor noise
Its light weight and interlocking dry stacked design means you can build a wall rapidly with unskilled workers. According to Peter Thompson, Cresco´s Technical Advisor, “With a built wall cost under $5 per square foot, the Liteblok Jumbo represents the most compelling wall system on the market today.” The low maintenance needs of Liteblok combined with the cost advantages of the new Jumbo size make it particularly well suited to the construction of low income housing.
Two standard densities are offered for Liteblok. The Liteblok 38 form is lighter with outstanding acoustical and thermal insulating properties. This form is best for those applications requiring excellent thermal insulation or a low density. Liteblok 69 is a harder heavier form and is best for applications where abrasion resistance is important and thermal insulation and light weight are less of a concern.
Liteblok applications include the following:
- Dumpster enclosures
- Freestanding garages/ carports
- Outdoor barbeque pits and fireplaces
- Parapet walls
- Retaining walls and raised beds
- Sheds and storage facilities
- Commercial construction
- Demising walls
- Fire walls
- Residential home construction (external and internal walls)
- Safe rooms
- Sound absorbing walls
Wall finished include textured paint, stucco, veneer, siding and brick.
Cresco Concrete Products, LLC manufacturers its products from its facility in Houston, Texas and ships nationwide. The company´s products include Litecast and Premocrete precast concrete fencing, lightweight pier and wall caps, lightweight air conditioner pads, stucco and fastening systems. Cresco also offers cast stone products including accent blocks, address blocks, balustrades, bollards, columns, crown molding, entry ways, fireplaces, keystones, mantels, planters, pool coping, signs, window surrounds and windowsills.
Additional information about Cresco´s products can be obtained by contacting the company or visiting its website at http://www.CrescoConcrete.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebCrescoConcrete/LiteblokJumbo/prweb10834083.htm