Southern New Hampshire University Launches Online Master of Science in Management Graduate Degree
Affordable Tuition, Exceptional Student Support, Can Be Earned in 18 Months
Manchester, NH (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), a leading, private, non-profit New England-based institution founded in 1932, announces the launch of a new online Master of Science in Management, a 36-credit degree program that features a tuition that is highly competitive with other leading nationally-recognized programs. The program can be completed in less than two years, and combines a set of core and elective courses tailored specifically for current and future management professionals to be prepared for the unprecedented challenges of the 21st century business landscape.
“Regardless of industry, organizations continue to face massive shifts in structure, products and goals and an ever-changing political, diverse, decentralized and global landscape,” said Alexandru Manus, Associate Dean of Business. “It is critically important to develop graduate education that prepares current and future management to tackle these challenges with data-driven decision-making, strong ethics, courage, agility and practical application of proven management theory.”
To succeed in this “new normal,” a manager needs technical and people skills. SNHU’s Master of Science in Management program offers students from a range of backgrounds the opportunity to develop and hone advanced management skills. Students learn how to:
- Utilize multiple methods for supporting and developing talent in employees in the interest of facilitating high performance teams, dispersing expert knowledge, and guiding teams through organizational change.
- Integrate effective verbal, written, presentation, and technical communication skills for gathering and presenting information, facilitating groups and teams, and building appropriate business relationships across the organization.
- Apply critical thinking, data analysis and ethical reasoning to ensure strategic, systems-level decision-making in business and management.
- Create project and management plans that effectively prioritize tasks, stabilize resource conflicts and integrate appropriate project management tools.
- Articulate the importance of business metrics, performance data and financial analysis for maintaining accountability to the business in management plans and decisions.
- Evaluate how the brand, mission and values of organizations can integrate with effective management practices to encourage an enterprising organizational culture and brand stewardship in employees and one’s management approach.
The MS in Management consists of seven core courses covering essential management competencies including Human Behavior in Organizations, Business Research, Strategic Human Resource Management, Cultivating Organizational Culture, Resource Planning and Decision Making, Corporate Communications, and Project Management. Students choose four electives and complete their degree with a Management Capstone.
Business professionals who enroll in SNHU’s MS in Management program enjoy a number of advantages:
- No GMAT or GRE required for admission
- No upfront tuition with employer tuition reimbursement
- Convenient and affordable
- Classes taught by real-world experts
- Graduate in 18 months with two courses per 11-week term
Ideal candidates for the MS in Management can come from any number of fields. Whether it’s a nonprofit, a manufacturing company or a hospital, a manager must adapt quickly and respond thoughtfully. SNHU’s program prepares students to be well-prepared to manage through an unpredictable, changing landscape of business in whatever industry they choose.
Southern New Hampshire University is a nonprofit, regionally accredited university with an 80-year history of educating successful professionals. SNHU has a total enrollment of 25,000 students in more than 180 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs, available online, at our main campus in Manchester, N.H., and at our regional centers in New Hampshire and Maine.
Southern New Hampshire University has been recognized with “Best of Business” awards for best online degree programs and was ranked 12th on Fast Company’s list of The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. SNHU was the only university to earn this distinction.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10879922.htm