Oklahoma Students Complete Nearly 17 Million Math Problems With the Help of Think Through Math’s Web-based Learning Solution
Renewed Contract and Expansion of Think Through Math by Oklahoma Department of Education Will Enable Nearly 50,000 Students to Become Algebra-Ready by 8th Grade
(PRWEB) July 17, 2013
Think Through Math (TTM) announced today that is has renewed and expanded its contract with The Oklahoma State Department of Education. Under the terms of this agreement, TTM will offer its adaptive, personalized, web-based math solution to 48,000 students in grades 4-8 in the 2013-2014 school year, an increase of 23% since the previous school year.
TTM, a web-based, supplemental math program created by teachers and technologists, provides comprehensive instruction and practice for students grades 3-Algebra 1 to help students prepare for the rigors of the Common Core State Standards and accelerate them to grade level. Within one year of its launch in 2012, TTM grew to support more than two million students in 41 states.
“We are thrilled to be providing even more Oklahoma students with the opportunity to succeed in math,” said Jeff Downs, Executive Director of the Oklahoma State Department of Education’s STEM program. “Leveraging TTM to help ready our students for Algebra I falls right in line with one of our key goals for STEM–to decrease the number of students needing remediation in math and science prior to entering higher education.
During the 2012-2013 school year, TTM had a broad and profound impact on students throughout Oklahoma including:
– 53,000 students became active participants in TTM;
– 16,903,803 total math problems were completed;
– 22% of the work on TTM occurred after 5p.m. and on the weekends, reflecting significant student motivation.
– 82,475 sessions in real-time with TTM certified math teachers–approximately 10,000 hours of 1-on-1 time with students (TTM includes instant access to qualified tutors more than 90 hours every week);
– TTM was active in 44% of Oklahoma school districts, including Moore, Mustang, Stillwater, Oklahoma City and Tulsa;
– Oklahoma students leveraged their hard-earned THINK points to donate $11,720 to Oklahoma tornado victims.
“Based on last year’s results, TTM is motivating Oklahoma students and improving their math achievement,” said Lou Piconi, Co-Founder of Think Through Math. “We are thrilled to be part of the expanded programming in the state and can’t wait to see what the 2013-2014 school year brings.”
About Think Through Math
At Think Through Math, we believe that success in mathematics transforms the way students perform in school and beyond. We are driven to motivate students in unprecedented ways. We have a vision of effective education: a powerful blend of web-based, adaptive instruction and on-demand, LIVE, state-certified teachers. In 2012, the Software and Information Industry Association named Think Through Math the "Best Mathematics Instructional Solution.”
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10929225.htm