Stay on Track Through the Holidays with Healthified Recipes Offered by Debra K, Host of The Journey into Wellbeing
From egg(less) nog to a gluten-free dessert, it’s ho, ho, healthy for the holiday season.
Delray Beach, Florida (PRWEB) November 06, 2013
Holiday cheer minus the guilt? Santa may not agree – after all, he’s known for his girth – but you can definitely enjoy holiday food and festivities without adding pounds. How so? Take advice from Natural Health Explorer Debra K. She works with chefs to "healthify" recipes for her PBS show "The Journey into Wellbeing", the Recipe Redo Blog and as a columnist for Palm Beach Woman magazine.
Debra has done the measuring and slicing so you can celebrate the season and not worry about fitting into your clothes on January 2. "Trust me, I’m not going to miss a meal and I don’t advise you to either. I want to arm you with wellness tools and recipes to ‘healthify’ the season and prevent a breakdown around the holiday table. Come on, let’s all start our own Journey into Wellbeing and keep it going into 2014," says Debra K.
These seven recipes will not only reduce stress over the holidays, they’ll lead you and your family into a New Year focused on wellness. You may find all of these recipes at http://reciperedoblog.com/media/.
- Broiled Goat Cheese Crostini with Minted Grapes – Compliments of Golden Door Spa in Escondido, California, this healthy appetizer fits in well at holiday parties or meals without adding pounds.
- Mayan Hot Chocolate – This Recipe is compliments of Rancho La Puerta, a Destination Spa based in Tecate, Mexico. Dark chocolate in small quantities offers real health benefits.
- Turkey Terrific Salad – From Table 26°, this West Palm, Florida restaurant is known for taking traditional comfort food and adding surprising twists. Debra adds, "Chef Steven Polowy utilizes local farms to ensure the freshness of all produce offerings. The healthy preparation of the squash for the salad provides high doses of natural fiber and carotenoids, which are shown to protect against heart disease."
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Ginger Pasta Salad – We partnered with Amie Valpone, editor-in-chief of The Healthy Apple, LLC on this recipe. The cranberries and cinnamon give a festive flare and this side dish is perfect for those who avoid gluten.
- Egg(Less) Nog and "Healthified" Mashed Potatoes – My gifts to you, healthified traditional mashed potatoes and egg(less) nog. Both of these recipes are simple and are fabulous additions to your holiday meal.
- Antipasti Di Mare – This recipe is compliments of Zuccarellis, a healthy Italian restaurant in West Palm, Florida. "Chef Douglas prepped the Antipasto Di Mare, and I was pleased to see how simple it was to make and that all the ingredients were minimally processed and prepped," says Debra.
- Dina’s Raw Apple Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble – Raw Vegan Chef Dina Lauro knows how to healthify a decadent dessert. This pie contains fiber, protein and vitamins from the raw nut crust and the uncooked apples. Instead of white sugar, Dina made this version with pure maple syrup for minerals and antioxidants.
Again, all recipes may be found on http://reciperedoblog.com/media/.
About Debra K.
As the host of The Journey into Wellbeing, a television series currently airing on PBS, Debra K visits new places to uncover the secrets to living a high-energy, vibrant life. Debra is also the Natural Health Explorer blogger for SpryLiving.com; author of the massage text, "Success from the Start"; and co-founder of iMassage, Inc.
About The Journey into Wellbeing®
This new, reality-based TV series is being shown on PBS stations nationwide. Starting with Kentucky, Host and Executive Producer Debra K. will visit all 50 states and uncover the secrets to living an energetic, vibrant life. Debra K. is a natural health explorer who left a Fortune 250 company to create a movement to positively impact the health of the nation. More details on http://www.journeyintowellbeing.com, http://www.reciperedoblog.com, Twitter @DebrasJourney and on Facebook at The Journey into Wellbeing with Debra K.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11299067.htm