What Your Dentist Should Do For You
Maybe you’re new in town or perhaps you’re just thinking about trying a new dental office in your area. How do you go about finding the right dentist for you and your family’s needs? – Dr John Iwasaki, Dental Associates of Connecticut
Danbury, CT (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Maybe you’re new in town or perhaps you’re just thinking about trying a new dental office in your area. How do you go about finding the right dentist for you and your family’s needs?
Finding the right dentist doesn’t have to be overwhelming or complicated, but it does take bit of research and follow-through. In the end, finding a dentist you can trust and have confidence in is vital to your long-term dental health. Here are a few tips from dentalassociates.us to help you in your search.
Be A Little Nosy
According to WebMD http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/finding-dentist it’s all about who you know, or more importantly, who your friends know. When looking for a dentist, recommendations from friends, relatives, doctors and co-workers is an excellent place to start.
Make A Call
Once you have a short list of possible dentists, pick up the phone and call each office with a list of questions that are important to you. Your questions might include:
- What Are The Office Hours
- Are Specialty Services Offered at the Office – Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics, etc.
- Which Insurance Plans Are Accepted
- Is 24/7 Emergency Treatment Available
Visit The Office
By now, you’ve probably narrowed your search to a few candidates. Why not arrange for a tour of the office so you can meet the staff and dentists? This is a great time to evaluate cleanliness, organization and patient waiting comfort.
As a patient, you deserve a great dental experience. Your dentist should have a “best practices” business plan that ensures patients the following:
- A complete and thorough examination.
- A professional diagnosis that is easy for the patient to understand.
- A comprehensive treatment plan that is explained in detail and includes options and alternatives if available.
- The highest level of service possible.
- Reasonable waiting times that respect your schedule.
- A clean and safe office and treatment environment.
- Safe and confidential storage of your personal information.
- A commitment to a dental experience that is as painless as possible.
- Use of the latest advanced techniques and materials available.
- Assistance in filing your insurance claim.
For more information on what you should expect from your dentist, visit our website at dentalassociates.us and see everything we do to ensure our patients get the dental experience they deserve.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11927706.htm