Meditek Launches New Optimaxx Surgeon Headlight
Meditek, a provider of innovative operating room products, is excited to announce the release of the new Optimaxx surgeon headlight to healthcare facilities in Canada.
Winnipeg, MB (PRWEB) June 30, 2014
The Optimaxx surgical headlight system is a high-powered cordless LED headlamp which brings superb illumination technology to operating room procedures and examinations. Emitting a cool and powerful bright white light, it is more than twice as bright as standard LEDs and conventional headlamps. This new technology replaces the unwanted heat of traditional halogen headlamps while providing superior lighting quality and reliability.
Weighing in at just 11 ounces, the Optimaxx headband weight is evenly distributed and balanced for freedom of movement. Cushioned and easily adjustable through the rear rotary knob and Velcro strap, this is one of the most comfortable headlamps available. The Optimaxx headlamp is powered by two small lithium battery packs that conveniently clip directly into the headlight. A full charge illuminates for up to 8 hours at full brightness; and for unlimited periods of use, a direct USB to power cord is also included. Meditek also guarantees the headlight to never be without power, as the Optimaxx comes complete with a 4 bay desktop charger and 2 spare batteries.
Features and Benefits
- Battery Longevity – Integrated Lithium Polymer batteries can be hot-swapped without losing power.
- Rapid USB Charging – USB charging from a wall adapter or computer.
- Battery Level – Battery indicator shows remaining battery life.
- Enhanced Spot – Spot adjustment allows user to fine tune the spot image from working distance.
- Cordless and Comfortable – Lightweight, flexible padded headband provides free range of motion.
- Brightness of Illumination: 200,000 LUX (20,000 FC)
- Color Temperature: 6,500º Kelvin
- Spot Size Adjustment Control: 4 cm-8 cm (@ 10”)
- Illumination Field: 5 cm diameter at 25 cm working distance
- Battery Life: 7-8 hrs. (Lithium Polymer)
- Weight: 10 oz.
- Total Weight (including both batteries): 11 oz.
- Battery Run Time: Up to 9 hours
- LED life span: 100,000 hours
“The Optimaxx surgeon headlight delivers light output comparable to fibre optic corded lights, but without being tethered to a light source. It is a complete package for everyday use in the O.R. and Surgery Centers,” says Barret Davies, Marketing Coordinator at Meditek.
Brad Samuels, Marketing Manager
Meditek, centrally located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, provides the Canadian healthcare industry with medical products such as surgical tables, surgical lights and transport stretchers; as well as services such as remanufacturing and preventative maintenance. More information about Meditek can be found at http://www.mediteksurgical.ca.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/surgeon/headlight/prweb11987661.htm