Quantcast

Stone settles suit with surgeon

November 15, 2005

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Actress Sharon Stone has settled a lawsuit she brought last year against a plastic surgeon whom she accused of making false claims that she had a face-lift, the doctor’s lawyer said on Tuesday.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed. But Stone’s suit against Dr. Renato Calabria was dismissed and she cannot sue him again on the same claims, according to papers filed on Monday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

Calabria’s lawyer, Arthur Barens, declined to give further details, saying, “I can only tell you the case was settled.”

Stone’s attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.

The 47-year-old “Basic Instinct” star sued the Beverly Hills physician for defamation and libel in December, charging he had falsely claimed to have given the actress a face-lift.

Barens has said his client never represented to anyone that he had performed cosmetic surgery on Stone. “All he has ever done is discuss vertical face surgery, a technique he innovated, and articles have speculated that Stone had the procedure,” Barens said last year.

The case stemmed from an Us Weekly magazine article headlined “Did Sharon Stone Have Surgery?” and a similar piece published by In Touch magazine quoting Calabria, though he refused to comment on Stone in the story.

According to her lawsuit, which sought unspecified damages, Stone “has never undergone a face-lift in order to improve her physical appearance. … Stone prides herself not only on her acting ability and other talents, but also on her natural physical appearance.”


Source: reuters



comments powered by Disqus