General News Archive - October 18, 2008
U.S. President George Bush said Saturday that it will take time for the impact of his administration's attempts to revive the economy to become apparent.
The Rev. Louis Farrakhan says he is planning "a new beginning" for his Nation of Islam movement with the re-dedication of its Chicago mosque headquarters.
U.S. President George Bush, flanked by the presidents of France and the European Commission, announced plans Saturday for an international economic summit.
Knowshon Moreno rushed for 172 yards and a touchdown Saturday and ninth-ranked Georgia spurted to a 24-14 victory over No. 23 Vanderbilt. His touchdown came on an 11-yard run that gave the Bulldogs an 21-7 advantage with 12:12 left in the third quarter. Moreno finished with 23 carries.
Nevada officials discontinued an Amber Alert on Saturday for a Las Vegas boy allegedly kidnapped by drug dealers because his grandfather owes them money. Sgt.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.