General News Archive - June 13, 2008
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki raised the possibility Friday that his country won't sign a status of forces of agreement with the United States and that it will ask U.S. troops to go home when their U.N. mandate to be in Iraq expires at the end of the year.
To: POLITICAL EDITORS Contact: Rahnesha White, UNITY Communications Manager, +1-703- 854-3587, firstname.lastname@example.org MCLEAN, Va., June 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- UNITY: Journalists of Color, Inc. mourns the loss of Tim Russert, a leading U.S.
By Eddie Pells, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS SAN DIEGO - Tiger Woods opened the second round Friday the same way he closed the first the day before - with an ugly three-putt that sent him in wrong direction on the U.S. Open scoreboard. Not many people were getting too far ahead of Woods, though.
By Tulsa World, Okla. Jun.
By Jim Provance, The Blade, Toledo, Ohio Jun. 13--COLUMBUS -- Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama Friday used a Columbus retirement home as the backdrop for his call to raise payroll taxes on wealthier Americans to shore up the Social Security system.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.