General News Archive - November 30, 2009
Three-quarters of the nation will endure more days of cold weather this winter than in recent years and significant snowfall is predicted in every zone, according to the 2010 Farmers' Almanac.
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'