Eagan Orthodontics Celebrates National Orthodontics Health Month
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) has declared October, National Orthodontics Health Month. There are more than five million patients in America that wear braces or some form of orthodontic applications to obtain a healthy and beautiful smile. Dr. Victor Eagan, Eagan Orthodontics has been creating beautiful smiles for over 56 years and is educating people of all ages why it is so important to have a healthy smile.
“A smile is universal. It is the one act of kindness that is appreciated in every culture around the world. Even more so, a beautiful smile is much to be desired. It can change a person’s life by building confidence and enhancing their self esteem,” says Dr. Eagan.
- Smiling reduces stress and helps the body to function better when you are less stressed.
- Greeting with a smile means you are approachable and it is a great way to make yourself stand out.
- Smiling is contagious because when someone smiles it is a natural reaction to get a smile in return. It helps to change a mood in the room, because when you smile the world smiles back.
- Smiling can help your immune system and helps it to work better. Smiling helps you to relax and prevents colds and flu by smiling.
- Smiling boost confidence and promotes success. People who smile appear confident and are more likely to get promotions. Smile in meetings and business settings and people are more likely to approach you.
- Smiling makes you attractive. People are more attractive when they smile then when they frown. Smiling draws people closer to you.
“These are just a few reasons why it is so important to have a healthy smile. I am always excited when I can enhance a person’s life by applying braces. It gives me great pleasure to help others become successful,” says Dr. Eagan.
Dr. Eagan operates a private practice in Michigan, has a very successful orthodontics practice in the nation; people from all over the world seek his technical expertise. Dr. Eagan is a second generation orthodontist. Dr. Eagan is the son of Dr. John Eagan, the first African American orthodontist in the state of Michigan and the third African American orthodontist in the world. He is widely known for his state-of-the-art equipment and cutting edge technology.
Dr. Eagan understands that, for many, braces are more about a healthy self-image than anything else. “We see the world through our mouths and when your mouth is beautiful, it creates an aura that you are strong and confident,” he explains. Dr. Eagan also stresses that braces are not just for kids. “A lot of adults do not have the opportunity to obtain braces when they were children,” he says, explaining that adults of any age can improve their smile.
Dr. Eagan is active in many local, civic and community organizations and is a member of the American Association of Orthodontics (AAO), American National Dental Association (ADA), Great Lakes Association of Orthodontics and a recipient of many honors. Dr. Eagan is listed in the prestigious Who’s Who among Executives and Professionals, named Orthodontist of the Year by the Consumer Business Review in 1997. Most recently in 2009 and 2010 was recognized as a Top Dentist by Hour Magazine. Many patients adoring the “Eagan Smile” are high – profile and national celebrities; others are second and third generation patients.
To learn more about Dr. Victor Eagan and Eagan Orthodontics visit www.eaganorthodontics.com or join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Contact: Lynor Pereira
Oh Consulting!/JuNaPa MarketingLLC
SOURCE Eagan Orthodontics