2nd Annual International Patient Safety Symposium
DETROIT, Oct. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The 2nd Annual International Patient Safety Symposium takes place 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10 at the Atheneum Suite Hotel in Detroit.
Participants at the conference, jointly sponsored by Detroit’s Henry Ford Hospital and Windsor’s Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital, will gain a broad understanding of practical solutions to quality improvement and safety in health care, including:
- Implementing team-building strategies to promote culture change
- Cultivating patient, family and employee engagement
- Identifying effective strategies to promote team collaboration with patients and families
- Focusing on multidisciplinary teamwork to reduce harm and improve outcomes
Speakers include leading physicians and multidisciplinary health care clinicians, from both Canada and the United States.
The day’s keynote address will be given by Maureen Bisognano, president & CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and a prominent authority on improving health care systems.
Except where noted, all presentations by patient safety experts are from Henry Ford Hospital and Windsor’s Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital:
- Partnership for Patients: Your Role in Patient Safety (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation)
- Quality Expo: 20 years of Engagement for Recognition, Learning and Spread of Quality and Safety Improvements
- OR-TV: An Innovative Approach to Employee Engagement and Learning
- A Safety Champion Program: Engagement and Empowerment of Frontline Staff to Promote a Culture of Safety
- Safe Practices for Critical Airways: Challenges at a Teaching Institution
Multidisciplinary Partnerships to Reduce Clostridium Difficile Infection: A Success Story
- Perfect Depression Care
- Examining Safety within an Acute Mental Health Setting: Building on Lessons Learned
- Partnering to Support Safe Medication Practices with Nursing Students (University of Windsor)
- Creating a Culture of Safety to Reduce Medication Harm
- I Will Make Errors… You Probably Will Too!
- 6P’s: A Fall Prevention Program
- Culture Change in the Department of Emergency Medicine: Improvement in Patient’s Door to Provider Time
- Transplant Patient Centered Care: The Henry Ford Experience
- Meeting the Challenge of Patient Centered Care: Diabetes Education
- An International Myocardial Infarction Network: The Detroit-Windsor Story
For registration and additional information, please go to henryford.com/safetysymposium
SOURCE Henry Ford Hospital