PropelÂ® Zero Uncovers Hydration Habits and Surprising Benefits of Water Consumption
PURCHASE, N.Y., Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — PropelÃ‚® Zero, an enhanced water, in collaboration with Harris Interactive, has just released the results of a new national survey that dives deep into the country’s water consumption habits. The survey also highlights many benefits of staying hydrated that many of the 2,202 adults aged 18 and over weren’t aware of when polled earlier this fall season.
The survey findings include:
- Less than half of adults (47%) think they are getting enough water based on the Adequate Intake (AI) standards set by the Institute of Medicine- 13 cups (104 ounces) for men and 9 cups (72 ounces) for women per day
- 52% of male adults say they are getting enough water, significantly more so than their female counterparts (43%)
- Of those who drink enhanced water, 85% say it is for a change of pace from plain tap or bottled water
- Over four in five (83%) adults who drink enhanced water say they drink it to get additional vitamins, antioxidants and/or minerals
“One of the key reasons adults aren’t getting enough water is because they prefer to drink something that has at least some flavor,” said Joel Harper, celebrity personal trainer and fitness expert. “That’s one of the benefits of drinking enhanced water, like Propel Zero: you can get naturally fruit flavored water with zero calories, not to mention vitamins C & E, B vitamins and antioxidents. Similar to how you might want to mix up your workout routine, you want to mix up your water routine.”
Perhaps some of the most shocking results uncovered by the survey is consumers’ lack of knowledge surrounding the benefits of drinking water:
- 56% of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water can help improve physical performance (e.g., joint health, blood circulation) and support sexual health
- 47% of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water helps aid weight loss programs
- 49% of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water helps skin health and helps people to feel better about their physical appearance of hair, nails and skin
- 49% of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water helps support cognitive processes (e.g., improved concentration, alertness, short term memory)
To learn more about the survey results and Propel Zero, please visit: facebook.com/propel or join the conversation on Twitter @PropelZero.
About PropelÃ‚® Zero
PropelÃ‚® Zero is the zero-calorie, nutrient-enhanced water that replenishes (with Vitamins C, E), energizes (with B Vitamins) and protects (with antioxidants). Propel Zero comes in seven ready-to-drink flavors: berry, grape, black cherry, lemon, blueberry pomegranate, kiwi-strawberry and peach. It is also available in powder form with eight flavorful ways to enhance your water on-the-go. For more information about Propel Zero, visit PropelZero.com or facebook.com/propel.
PepsiCo offers the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 19 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola – also make hundreds of other enjoyable and wholesome foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $60 billion, PepsiCo’s people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo’s promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment, including by conserving energy and water usage, and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support, and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.