CareFusion Showcases Medication Management Technologies at American Society for Health-System Pharmacists Conference
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — CareFusion will showcase its full portfolio of medication management solutions during the 46th American Society for Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition in New Orleans.
<font size=”2″ face=”Arial”>(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100706/CAREFUSIONLOGO)</font>
“The needs of hospital pharmacies continue to evolve, and more than ever, technology solutions must help increase safety and lower operating costs,” said Tom Leonard, president of Medical Systems at CareFusion. “The innovative systems we are introducing at ASHP reflect our ongoing commitment to deliver technologies and differentiated partnerships that support these changing needs, reducing complexity in the medication management process so pharmacists and nurses have more time to spend on patient care.”
New CareFusion medication management technologies featured in exhibit booth 2531 include:
- PyxisÃ‚® Enterprise System (ES) platform: Enables customers to simplify and standardize the medication management process, both within a single hospital and across an entire health system through this next-generation automated dispensing platform. Notable product releases on the platform are the Pyxis Enterprise Server, Pyxis MedStationÃ‚® ES and CareFusion Coordination Engine.
- Interoperability between Pyxis MedStationÃ‚® 4000 system and Cerner Millennium Platform: The CareFusion and Cerner partnership enables system interoperability that helps hospitals improve nursing and pharmacy productivity by minimizing redundant processes, documentation and disruptions.
- <font size=”2″ face=”Arial”>Rowa technologies: Provides high-density, high-speed storage and retrieval of pre-packaged pharmaceutical inventory. These automated systems are designed to reduce costs and improve workflow while addressing the unique pharmacy operations requirements outside of the U.S. CareFusion acquired Rowa earlier this year.</font>
- PyxisÃ‚® Medication Interaction Alerts: Provides customizable, active alerts for allergies and drug/drug interactions at the Pyxis MedStation 4000 system, helping clinicians reduce potential harm and facilitating compliance with certain hospital policies.
- Pyxis MedStationÃ‚® 4000 Operating Systems: Supports hospital IT with the latest Microsoft operating systems, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.
- PyxisÃ‚® PARx 5.0: Enables bar code scanning of each medication dose in the central pharmacy, helping to ensure the right medication is placed in the right pocket when it reaches the Pyxis MedStation 4000 on the nursing floor.
- PyxisÃ‚® Connect 3.0: With upgraded features, this medication order management system creates consistency and addresses efficiency by automating pharmacy workflow for order review. The system can also be used in conjunction with or during the transition to computerized physician order entry (CPOE).
- PyxisÃ‚® Anesthesia System 3500 arm extension accessory compatible with Codonics SLS 500i Safe Label System: Delivers a complete solution for safe, compliant, fast labeling of medication in the operating room through the Codonics SLS 500i Safe Label System. It also improves the syringe preparation workflow by automatically printing American Society of Anesthesiologists compliant full-color labels containing all The Joint Commission required elements while the syringe is being filled.
- Pyxis EcoStation(TM) system: A hardware and software system that helps hospitals identify, classify, sort and segregate pharmaceutical waste, while generating drug disposal manifests containing data that may be required by the Environmental Protection Agency and other regulatory agencies.
CareFusion (NYSE: CFN) is a global corporation serving the health care industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve the safety and quality of care. The company develops market-leading technologies including AlarisÃ‚® infusion pumps, PyxisÃ‚® automated dispensing and patient identification systems, AVEAÃ‚®, AirLife(TM) and LTVÃ‚® series ventilation and respiratory products, ChloraPrepÃ‚® skin prep products, MedMined(TM) services for data mining surveillance, Nicolet(TM) neurological monitoring and diagnostic products, V. MuellerÃ‚® surgical instruments, and an extensive line of products that support interventional medicine. CareFusion employs more than 14,000 people across its global operations. More information may be found at www.carefusion.com.