Live Press Briefing on Findings of Biomedical Industry CEO Survey
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 9, 2012
EVENT: Live Press Briefing on Findings of Biomedical Industry CEO Survey WHEN: Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012 TIME: 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. PT presentation and Q&A WHO: --CEOs from three biotechnology companies: NuVasive (NASDAQ: NUVA), Omniox and Theravance (NASDAQ: THRX) --Executives from BayBio, California Healthcare Institute and PwC US WHERE: Grand Hyatt San Francisco Conference Theatre 345 Stockton St. San Francisco, CA 94108 To listen by phone in the United States: (800) 230-1951
Findings of a new survey of biomedical company CEOs about the future of the biomedical industry will be unveiled at a live press briefing hosted by the California Healthcare Institute, BayBio and PwC in San Francisco on Tuesday, Jan. 10. Some of the questions that will be addressed during the briefing include:
- What are the biggest threats to future growth of the biomedical industry?
- How are biomedical companies adapting to new threats and opportunities?
- Where are biomedical companies turning for capital, and who will finance new innovation in the future?
- How does the relationship between industry and FDA help or hinder innovation?
- What are the key state and federal policy issues that will influence the ability for the United States and California to maintain global leadership in biomedical innovation?
While the biomedical industry may be poised for explosive growth over the next five to 10 years, the pace will be determined by a confluence of factors — the political, economic and regulatory environment, the availability of capital, health reform, globalization and state and federal budget deficits. These factors and the relative risks and opportunities they represent to the biomedical industry are among the topics explored by the survey.
The briefing will include a presentation of research highlights, followed by a candid discussion among the CEOs of three California-based biomedical companies. The briefing will allow time at the conclusion for questions from the audience and members of the media.
- NuVasive, Alexis Lukianov, Chairman and CEO
- Omniox, Stephen Cary, Ph.D., CEO and Co-Founder
- Theravance, Rick Winningham, Chairman and CEO
- BayBio, Gail Maderis, President and CEO
- California Healthcare Institute, David Gollaher, Ph.D., President and CEO
- PwC, Tracy Lefteroff, National Life Sciences Partner
About the California Healthcare Institute
CHI represents more than 275 leading biotechnology, medical device, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical companies, and public and private academic biomedical research organizations. CHI’s mission is to advance responsible public policies that foster medical innovation and promote scientific discovery. CHI’s website is www.chi.org. Follow us on Twitter @calhealthcare, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
BayBio is Northern California’s life science association, supporting the regional bioscience community through advocacy, enterprise support, and the enhancement of research collaboration. Its members include organizations engaged in, or supportive of, research, development and commercialization of life science technologies. Online at www.baybio.org.Follow BayBio on Twitter at @baybio
About the PwC Network
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
© 2011 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.