Redspin Launches Meaningful Healthcare IT Security(TM)
CARPINTERIA, Calif., Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Redspin, Inc., a leading provider of IT security assessments, today announced it will offer expanded services in 2012 designed to improve the breadth and depth of IT security programs and practices currently in place in the healthcare industry.
“Information security is the foundation for the successful implementation and widespread use of electronic health records (EHR),” said Daniel W. Berger, Redspin’s President and CEO. “Redspin helps healthcare providers attest to “meaningful use” and maintain compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule. With our Meaningful Healthcare IT Security(TM) initiative, we’re advancing that agenda by offering healthcare companies additional assessment services that will provide greater insight on specific security issues of concern.
- News security services available from Redspin will include:
- A web-based, HIPAA Security Risk Analysis survey tool designed for hospitals and medical groups with large numbers of clinical locations
- A custom business associate risk analysis to help ensure BA compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule
- New features in Redspin’s web-based, client services portal, including remediation tracking and advanced security analytics capability
- Comprehensive mobile device security assessments including policy and enforcement reviews for both company-issued equipment and “bring your own device” (BYOD)
- Advanced social engineering testing (including social media vectors) and information security awareness training for healthcare workers
The new services will be offered along with Redspin’s HIPAA Security Risk Assessments, infrastructure penetration testing and web application security assessments under the banner Meaningful Healthcare IT Security.(TM)
Dozens of hospitals and hospital systems have contracted with Redspin to provide third-party, objective HIPAA security risk assessments, helping them to fulfill their security requirements under Core Measure 14 of the Stage 1 “meaningful use” EHR incentive program.
“Redspin’s experience ‘on the ground’ in healthcare has helped us develop these new services to address the next wave of security threats facing our clients,” adds Berger. “For example, the increasing number and variety of mobile devices in the workplace, including BYOD, raise new security issues, none more complex than in healthcare. This trend also underscores the need to improve security awareness more broadly across employee populations. As healthcare organizations confront these critical challenges, Redspin’s new services will prove invaluable.”
SOURCE Redspin, Inc.