The Bikini.com Trend Report: Top 12 Swimsuit Trends for 2012
From ruffles to bling, the authorities on swimwear preview the hottest looks you'll see on the beach this season
Miami Beach, FL (PRWEB) February 22, 2012
You may feel like you just celebrated the New Year, but get ready — bikini season is just around the corner. So while you’re thinking about your diet, you can also start thinking about what you’ll be wearing at the beach this summer. Every year, the world’s top swimwear designers present their latest looks, and the fashion experts at Bikini.com(http://www.bikini.com) have the enviable job of checking them all out and publishing their highly anticipated Bikini.com Swimwear Trend Report Video. According to Bikini.com Co-Founder and CEO Gail Sonnenschein, here’s a countdown of the Top 12 swimwear style trends you’ll be seeing on the beach this season (for more information check out the video on Bikini.com at http://www.bikini.com/style):
1. Romantic Ruffles: From subtle frills to extravagant cascades, feminine flounces on swimwear are prim, yet sexy.
2. Tie it Up: Statement straps, restraining lace-ups, and gift-like wrapping are the hot new ties that bind.
3. On the Fringe: Whether inspired by native Americans, tribal chieftains or hippies, swimwear designers are flirting with fringe. It’s the shaggy new swimsuit accent that’s fun to shake and show off, says Sonnenschein.
4. Monokini Mania: Cut-out swimsuits with linked tops and bottoms look like a one piece from the front but a two piece from the back. These flattering suit designs often cover areas of concern and are perfect for showing off just the right amount of curves.
5. Groovy Tie-Dye: The iconic 70s tie-dye look is back and this time it’s turned high end. Not just for hippies anymore, this colorful, nostalgic look remains a part of our swimsuit culture today. Just add bare feet and live music and you’ve got a party.
6. Black and White: From old movies to vintage Chanel, there’s something about the iconic pairing of black and white that’s always chic yet modern. Bikini.com advises that you can’t go wrong with this striking combination on the beach or poolside.
7. Structured Bikini Tops: Sleek, structured molded cups offer great support and bust enhancement. If you’ve got it, flaunt it, and if not, well, this trendy swimsuit style may do the trick.
8. Juicy Citrus: Move over neutrals. According to Bikini.com, refreshing hues of lemon, lime and especially orange prove that bright and sunny days on the beach lie ahead.
9. Call of the Wild: Cougars young and old will enjoy swimwear featuring animal prints from small and dainty to big and bold. Bikini.com editors report that animal prints infused with color provide a fun twist on a classic trend.
10. Sexy Snakeskin: Continuing with the animal theme, edgy python prints are slithering down the runways on slinky swimwear.
11. White Hot: Crisp, blinding and fresh, the little white bikini or one-piece is the powerful and pure new basic.
12. Bling it On: Even in swimwear, diamonds are a girl’s best friend. No longer just for nighttime, sparkly swimwear is now a fashion staple, says Sonnenschein. Whether it’s glitter, sequins or jewels, this is your moment to shimmer and be a showstopper on the beach.
That’s Bikini.com’s Top 12 Swimwear Trends that will have you looking bikinirific on the beach this season.
An international pop culture hit, Bikini.com, The World’s Biggest Beach Party (http://www.bikini.com), is the most comprehensive and fun beach lifestyle media brand. Co-founded by Gail and Howie Sonnenschein and based in Miami Beach, the bikini capital of the world, Bikini.com brings the beach lifestyle right into everyone’s computer with a tongue-in-cheek, retro look reminiscent of the old Frankie and Annette beach blanket bingo movies. From designer swimwear style to the world’s sexiest swimsuit models, Bikini.com is light-hearted and full of international sex appeal.
For more information, contact:
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/2/prweb9209027.htm