DMI Wins Multi-Million Dollar Enterprise Application Development Contract with Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
BETHESDA, Md., April 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — DMI, a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm, today announced that it has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract to modernize and maintain the suite of enterprise applications used by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG). This is DMI’s fourth prime contract with HHS in the last 18 months.
The contract encompasses a broad range of service areas to support the HHS Software Development Branch’s (SDB) vision to design and implement information systems and maintain existing technologies in support of the operations of the OIG. DMI will provide support services for maintenance and enhancement of existing OIG systems, development of new modules and applications, and modernization of existing technologies. The scope of work includes development, maintenance, programming, modernization and database administration services for all OIG applications, many of which are based on Microsoft technologies.
“DMI is one of a select few IT services vendors that have achieved SEI CMMI-DEV Level 3 certification and multiple ISO certifications,” said Sunny Bajaj, president and CEO of DMI. “These are a testament to our superior development framework, processes and methodologies. Combining this with our expertise in Microsoft technologies ensures that we will deliver the highest value solutions to HHS.”
Under the contract, DMI will focus on:
- Software Maintenance and Enhancements
- New Software Development
- Code Refactoring
- IT Project Management
- Centralized Database Administration
- COTS Product Support
- Data Management
- Process Improvement
In the past year and a half, DMI has won three other prime contracts with HHS, which deepen the company’s long-standing relationship with the agency. The contracts include:
- Providing management services for HHS’s Payment Management System (PMS), which supports more than 450 Federal government organizations and 50,000+ users worldwide who process more than $410 billion annually in Federal grant funds for 30,000+ grant recipients.
- Operating and managing Grants.gov, HHS’s mission-critical web application that annually processes more than 300,000 grant applications for all 26 Federal grant-making agencies.
- Operating and providing maintenance support for the HHS Accounting For Pay System (AFPS) which tracks personnel costs for disbursements, expenditures, obligations and accruals. Begun in 2004, and recently re-competed, this is DMI’s longest running contract.
Key to this win is the fact that DMI holds an ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality management systems; ISO 20000-1:2005 for managed service delivery; and ISO 27001:2005 for information security management systems. DMI is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner–status the company has achieved by demonstrating its superior expertise with Microsoft technologies and proving its ability to meet customers’ needs.
DMI is a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm focused on providing solutions that transform enterprise operations in government and business. Our commitment to superior services and solutions, including Strategic Consulting, Managed Services, Application Development, Mobility Solutions, and Cybersecurity Solutions, has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes fourteen of the fifteen U.S. Federal Departments and dozens of commercial clients. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda MD, with satellite and project offices around the world.
Contact: Laura Florek Sarah Scruggs DMI Sage Communications (for DMI) 240.547.6669 703.207.0435 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org