Boston Scientific Announces Schedule For EuroPCR 2012
NATICK, Mass., May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) announces its schedule of major events and sponsored clinical research at the annual EuroPCR Scientific Program, which takes place May 15 – 18 in Paris.
“We are pleased to present 12-month clinical outcomes and six-month IVUS data from our EVOLVE trial, which evaluates the SYNERGY(TM) Coronary Stent System. The fourth-generation drug-eluting stent is the newest product to reinforce our leading drug-eluting stent pipeline and our commitment to maintaining worldwide DES market leadership,” said Keith D. Dawkins, M.D., global chief medical officer, Boston Scientific. “We also look forward to sharing the most recent data from the PLATINUM Small Vessel study and presenting the results of the REPRISE I trial of the Lotus(TM) Aortic Valve System.”
Schedule of Events
All times are Paris time; all events take place in the Palais des Congres.
Tuesday, May 15
- Structural Heart Tools and Technology Session. Boston Scientific will host a session titled “Advances in structural heart procedures: left atrial appendage closure and future transcatheter valve replacement technologies” in the Theatre Bordeaux from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The event will be co-moderated by Ian T. Meredith, M.B.B.S., Ph.D., Simon Redwood, M.D., and Gerhard Schuler, M.D., and include live case demonstrations on device therapy for left atrial appendage closure and transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
REPRISE I Trial Results.
Results of the REPRISE I trial of the Lotus valve will also be presented during the session. The company plans to issue a press release announcing trial results in conjunction with the presentation.
- SYNERGY Polymer Degradation. Aaron Foss, M.D., and Yen-Lane Chen, M.D., Ph.D., will present “Characterization of In-Vivo Poly (DL-lactic-co-glycolic acid) Degradation from a Drug-Coated Stent” during an oral abstract session at 6:04 p.m. in Room 342B.
- EVOLVE Clinical Results. Stefan Verheye, M.D., Ph.D., will present 12-month clinical outcomes and six-month IVUS data from the EVOLVE trial during an oral abstract session at 6:17 p.m. in Room 342B. EVOLVE is a prospective, randomized, non-inferiority trial that compares two dose formulations of everolimus on Boston Scientific’s SYNERGY Coronary Stent System to the PROMUS Element(TM) Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System in patients with de novo coronary artery lesions. The SYNERGY Stent features the company’s proprietary platinum chromium alloy and uses a bioabsorbable polymer and everolimus drug combination to create an ultra-thin, uniform coating confined to the outer surface of the stent. The company plans to issue a press release announcing trial results in conjunction with the presentation.
Wednesday, May 16
- Symposium on Dual Antiplatelet Therapy and Drug-Eluting Stents. Boston Scientific will host a symposium titled “When is it safe to discontinue dual antiplatelet therapy after DES: What is the evidence and the potential impact of emerging technology?” in Room 252AB from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The symposium will be co-moderated by Dr. Meredith and Stephan Windecker, M.D., and include presentations on the current state of dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) and the potential impact of future stent technology such as the SYNERGY Stent with bioabsorbable polymer drug delivery.
Thursday, May 17
- TAXUS Petal Three-Year Outcomes. Thierry Lefevre, M.D., will present “Three-Year Clinical Outcomes with a Novel Paclitaxel-Eluting Bifurcation Stent” during an oral abstract session at 10:43 a.m. in Room 341.
Friday, May 18
- PLATINUM Small Vessel Two-Year Data. Dominic Allocco, M.D., will present two-year results from the PLATINUM Small Vessel trial during an oral abstract session at 10:05 a.m. in Room 342B. This global, prospective, single-arm, sub-trial of the PLATINUM clinical program is evaluating the 2.25 mm PROMUS Element Platinum Chromium Everolimus-Eluting Stent in patients with small vessels. The company plans to issue a press release announcing trial results in conjunction with the presentation.
Conference attendees are invited to view Boston Scientific’s latest cardiovascular products at booths F17 and F18 in the Exhibit Hall.
In the U.S., the SYNERGY Stent and Lotus Aortic Valve System are investigational devices and are limited by applicable law to investigational use only and are not available for sale.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices that are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties. For more information, please visit: www.bostonscientific.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words like “anticipate,” “expect,” “project,” “believe,” “plan,” “estimate,” “intend” and similar words. These forward-looking statements are based on our beliefs, assumptions and estimates using information available to us at the time and are not intended to be guarantees of future events or performance. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding our market share, clinical trials, scientific activities, product performance, competitive offerings and our business plans. If our underlying assumptions turn out to be incorrect, or if certain risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. These factors, in some cases, have affected and in the future (together with other factors) could affect our ability to implement our business strategy and may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements expressed in this press release. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of our forward-looking statements.
Factors that may cause such differences include, among other things: future economic, competitive, reimbursement and regulatory conditions; new product introductions; demographic trends; intellectual property; litigation; financial market conditions; and future business decisions made by us and our competitors. All of these factors are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of them are beyond our control. For a further list and description of these and other important risks and uncertainties that may affect our future operations, see Part I, Item 1A – Risk Factors in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which we may update in Part II, Item 1A – Risk Factors in Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q we have filed or will file hereafter. We disclaim any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or in events, conditions or circumstances on which those expectations may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this document.
CONTACT: Steven Campanini 508-652-5740 (office) Media Relations Boston Scientific Corporation email@example.com Geraldine Varoqui +491707828558 (mobile) Media Relations EMEA Boston Scientific Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org Lorie Fiber 310-623-0404 (mobile) Media Relations Weber Shandwick email@example.com Sean Wirtjes 508-652-5305 (office) Investor Relations Boston Scientific Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation