Volcano to Highlight its Leadership in Precision Guided Therapy at EuroPCR 2012
SAN DIEGO, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Volcano Corporation (NASDAQ: VOLC) today announced its plans to highlight its extensive product portfolio, strong product pipeline, and presentations on Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) and Instant Wave-Free Ratio(TM) Functionality (iFR((TM))) at EuroPCR 2012, a major cardiology meeting being held in Paris from May 15 – 18.
“Functional PCI, led by FFR, is front and center at the PCR meeting this year, with more than 50 individual presentations throughout the week highlighting the importance of using function — and not angiography — to guide PCI,” said Michel Lussier, Group President, Clinical Affairs and Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India. “Volcano’s strong presence at PCR is tangible evidence of our progress toward helping to create new standards in precision guided therapy for coronary and peripheral vascular disease.”
Volcano will also showcase a number of new functional measurement technologies, including the launch of the latest PRIMEWIRE PRESTIGE® PLUS pressure guidewire, an exploration of its future pressure and flow products in the company’s technology suite, and various other clinical, educational and technology showcases throughout EuroPCR 2012, including:
- Wednesday, May 16: 11:12-11:24 a.m. CET
Hotline Session: Physiological assessment of intermediate coronary stenoses with Instant Wave-Free Ratio(TM) Functionality, an adenosine-free pressure-derived index: results of a multicentre international registry
Presenter: Justin Davies, MD, PhD
Palais des Congres, Room 252AB
- Wednesday, May 16: 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. CET
Educational Symposium: Functional Assessment of Percutaneous Interventions with Pressure Guidewires: Will Instant Wave-Free Ratio(TM) Functionality Change Your Practice?
Palais des Congres, Room 241
- Thursday, May 17: 1:40 – 3:00 p.m. CET
New Developments in the Assessment of Coronary Stenosis
Presenter: Justin Davies, MD, PhD (UK & Spain iFR((TM)) Functionality Registry)
Presenter: JJ Park, MD (Independent, Blinded iFR((TM)) Functionality Registry)
Palais des Congres, Room 242B
Volcano’s integrated cath lab systems, coronary and peripheral IVUS catheters, and Functional Management products will be available for demonstration at Booth #M71. These products, which are all available for sale in the U.S. and Europe, include:
- Valet® Microcatheter, which incorporates patented seamless catheter element transition technology via electrostatic deposition;
- The PRIMEWIRE PRESTIGE® PLUS pressure guidewire, the latest innovation in Fractional Flow Reserve wires, designed for successful navigation in distal anatomy and bifurcations, smooth device delivery, and functional lesion assessment;
- The Eagle Eye® Platinum Catheter, the #1 digital IVUS catheter in the world, which provides exceptional deliverability, the convenience of radiopaque markers, and three imaging modalities including grayscale IVUS, VH® IVUS and ChromaFlo® functionality;
- The s5(TM)/s5i® 3.2.2 software, which streamlines the workflow for both IVUS and FFR procedures and is compatible with more than 3,700 Volcano systems installed worldwide;
- Revolution® 45 MHz Rotational IVUS Imaging Catheter, which is Volcano’s first high frequency catheter;
- Visions® PV .018 Catheter, which is designed specially for visualization of peripheral vessels: carotids, renals, and iliacs;
- Visions® PV 8.2 Catheter with new chip technology that provides increased imaging diameter up to 60 mm and an over-the-wire catheter design for outstanding trackability and ease of placement.
Also available in Europe is the VIBE® RX Vascular Imaging Balloon Catheter, which can quickly access, prepare, and assess challenging lesions and provide precise, targeted balloon dilatation with immediate confirmation of interventional results.
Volcano will also present its pipeline of precision guided therapy products still in development, including Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Instant Wave-Free Ratio(TM) Functionality, Forward Looking imaging including IVUS and ICE applications, and the Eagle Eye® Platinum – ST IVUS Catheter.
About Volcano Corporation
Volcano Corporation is revolutionizing the medical device industry with a broad suite of technologies that make imaging and therapy simpler, more informative and less invasive. Its products empower physicians around the world with a new generation of analytical tools that deliver more meaningful information – using sound and light as the guiding elements. Founded in cardiovascular care and expanding into other specialties, Volcano is changing the assumption about what is possible in improving patient outcomes by combining imaging and therapy together.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements in this release that are not historical facts may be considered “forward-looking statements” including statements regarding the potential benefits of the products and procedures described above, further development and expansion, regulatory approval, commercial release and market adoption of the company’s technology, and the impact of clinical and other technical data. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties which may cause Volcano’s results to differ materially and adversely from the statements contained herein. Some of the potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ include the pace and extent of market adoption of the company’s products and technologies, growth strategies, timing and achievement of product development milestones, outcome of ongoing litigation, the impact and benefits of market development, product introductions, unexpected new data, safety and technical issues, market conditions, and other risks inherent to medical device development and commercialization. These and additional risks and uncertainties are more fully described in Volcano’s filings made with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements which speak only as of the date they are made. Volcano undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect new information, events or circumstances after the date they are made, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
SOURCE Volcano Corporation