Philips demonstrates innovations in nuclear medicine imaging with a comprehensive portfolio of NM applications for IntelliSpace Portal
MIAMI, June 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — At this year’s SNM Annual Meeting, June 9-13, Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is highlighting its portfolio of nuclear medicine (NM) applications for IntelliSpace Portal, adding to its existing portfolio of CT, MR and multimodality applications. The full suite of NM applications will now offer comprehensive processing and review capabilities at a level normally reserved exclusively for dedicated NM workstations. The company will also showcase solutions designed to increase diagnostic confidence, enhance patient comfort, augment physician confidence, simplify clinical workflow and reduce lifecycle costs.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-demonstrates-innovations-in-nuclear-medicine-imaging-with-a-comprehensive-portfolio-of-nm-applications-for-intellispace-portal-157951125.html
“The nuclear medicine applications portfolio for the IntelliSpace Portal is designed to help nuclear medicine professionals improve their workflow and evaluate a patient’s progress,” said Jay Mazelsky, senior vice president and general manager, Philips Computed Tomography and Nuclear Medicine. “As a leader in nuclear medicine, Philips strives to provide solutions for our customers that improve collaboration in order to provide enhanced care for patients.”
The NM applications portfolio for IntelliSpace Portal now allows NM technologists and physicians to process, review and analyze images from SPECT, SPECT/CT, PET/CT and PET/MR, and then share images and findings with referring physicians using advanced collaboration tools. The clinical applications on IntelliSpace Portal can be accessed from virtually any networked computer – allowing clinicians the flexibility to collaboratively assess results at the hospital or remotely.
“The IntelliSpace Portal nuclear medicine features have drastically changed the way we treat patients,” said Janusz Kikut, MD, director of nuclear medicine and PET/CT, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vt. “The features now allow us to better monitor change in disease status using the nuclear medicine imaging modalities that are often important to diagnosis. And, since we can access IntelliSpace Portal away from our campus, we’ve been able to improve our workflow with radiologists and seamlessly communicate the nuclear medicine results to referring physicians.”
Since the IntelliSpace Portal is built on a scalable server-client platform, it also offers the flexibility to efficiently add concurrent users as well as new clinical applications. This virtually eliminates the need for costly and time consuming upgrades across multiple workstations. The IntelliSpace Portal can also interface with Philips or non-Philips picture archiving and communication systems (PACS), providing direct access to the comprehensive suite of NM review and processing applications.
Key NM application features include:
- NM Review: A comprehensive and integrated review application for all types of NM and fused data, e.g., planar (dynamic, static, gated), SPECT (includes gated SPECT), SPECT/CT, PET/CT, PET/MR
- NM Processing Application Suite: A comprehensive suite of organ-specific applications
- Astonish Reconstruction: Boost departmental efficiency with cardiac imaging in half the time
- Multimodality Tumor Tracking: Supports side-by-side comparisons of serial CT, MR and PET studies in order to assess the effectiveness of cancer treatment
- Prefetch: Determines studies which need to be compared to previous scans and makes them available on Portal for review and comparison
- Collaboration Viewer: Allows for fast and efficient processing of SPECT, SPECT/CT and PET/CT images along with collaboration between medical specialists and referrals
Philips is a leader in nuclear medicine imaging and delivers advanced solutions that meet the challenges clinicians often face. In addition to IntelliSpace Portal, Philips will also feature:
- Ingenuity TF PET/MR: Philips’ first commercially available whole-body positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance (PET/MR) imaging system which Philips began marketing in the U.S. in November 2011
- TruFlight Select PET/CT: Philips’ first economical PET/CT system equipped with its premium time-of-flight (TOF) technology, Astonish TF. Astonish TF is designed to enhance image quality by reducing image artifacts to help clinicians detect and locate lesions, increase diagnostic confidence and preserve healthy tissue during treatment
- BrightView XCT with Full Iterative Technology (FIT): FIT for SPECT and CT uses advanced algorithms for exceptional images
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of “sense and simplicity”. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 122,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 22.6 billion in 2011, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips Electronics Trade Show: SNM Annual Meeting