Upcoming Webinar on Treatment of Chronic Sinusitis
In an important webinar to be convened by AllMed Healthcare Management, Inc., leading specialist in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery to present and discuss Balloon Sinuplasty as a treatment for chronic sinusitis
Portland, Oregon (PRWEB) June 25, 2012
- Management of chronic sinusitis remains challenging for physicians, patients
- Webinar will review the controversies surrounding recently introduced, less invasive treatment method: Balloon Sinuplasty
- Webinar will present indications/contraindications for both and conventional Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Discussion will include latest recommendations from American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Presenter is Shannon Hunter, MD, board-certified in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Partner in West Carolina Ear Nose and Throat Specialists, Durham, NC
- June 28, 2012, 10:30ampm PDT
- Register at:https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/947497511
Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) remains the most commonly preferred method of chronic sinusitis treatment, but Balloon Sinuplasty has emerged as an effective alternative.
Dr. Shannon Hunter, a board-certified otolaryngologist, will lead the webinar, offered by AllMed Healthcare Management, Inc. Dr. Hunter will provide an overview of both FESS and Balloon Sinuplasty treatments, including the indications and contraindications for both procedures. Her presentation also will include the latest recommendations set forth by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AOHNS), and explain the role an independent review organization can play in helping physicians and plans decide on the most appropriate treatment option.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/6/prweb9607973.htm