BIONOVA: Myth & Truth Of Sunscreens
NEW YORK, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — A couple of centuries ago, tanning was not in fashion. That changed with Coco Chanel, who turned tanning into a symbol of a carefree lifestyle. It has been marketed as fashionable ever since until people learned about sun radiation.
The market has responded with a huge selection of different types of sun protection.
The Sun Basic Rules:
- Use the sun in moderation
- Increase the sun exposure slowly
- Avoid the sun between 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Build up a tan slowly to avoid skin burns
Truth About Sunscreen:
- No protection whatsoever from sun radiation. SPF protectants work on very limited range of sun wavelengths that do not protect from negative effects of sun radiation on the internal physiology.
- A human body already has a whole biologically active system that protects from sun burns and sun radiation. By preventing burns, sunscreens mute the body’s signal to get away from the sun that leads to serious damages of internal function of the organism.
- All sunscreens contain chemicals that damage the skin by clogging the pores, drying the skin out and causing wrinkling and premature aging, disrupting normal cellular communication, etc.
Facts: For the last 20 years, the use of sunscreens has been increasing every year from 0.5% to 1.2% and reached close to $800,000 revenue a year only in the United States and became a multibillion business in the world. The statistics show that at same time, the percentage of people with skin cancer has gone up. Sadly, skin cancer has increased among children by five times for the last 25 years! Something to think about!
The Sun: Friend or Foe?
Humans need the sun – the prime source of the energy and generator of Vitamin D naturally produced in our body. The deficiency of Vitamin D triggers conditions like osteoporosis, heart disease, autoimmune disease, even certain cancers.
Let’s be as conscious about sun radiation as we are about chest X-Rays, CT scans, MRIs and other types of radiation procedures. Sun radiation is no less powerful.
If we control our sun exposure using moderation and the right time, the sun becomes our best friend!
Always listen to your body and your body never fails you!
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Dr. Michael Danielov