Sleep Apnea Diagnostic & Therapeutic Devices Market Global End-user Analysis, Competitive Landscape & Forecast to 2017
DALLAS, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –
Rnrmarketresearch.com adds new market research reports on the Sleep Apnea Devices
Market [Polysomnographs, Respiratory Polygraphs, Pulse Oximeters, CPAP, Masks, Adaptive
Servo-Ventilation (ASV), Oral Appliances, Nasal EPAP, Neurostimulation] to its store.
Sleep problems are touted as a ‘global epidemic’ and sleep apnea is a crucial
contributor to this disorder. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is the most common type of
sleep apnea; around 84% of people with sleep apnea are diagnosed with the disease. Studies
suggest that about 100 million people worldwide are suspected to have obstructive sleep
apnea, of which more than 80% remain undiagnosed.
Browse Complete Report at:
The global sleep apnea devices market
is broadly segmented into
two categories, namely, Diagnostic Devices and Therapeutic Devices. The industry is
technology driven and technological advancements in both diagnostic and therapeutic
devices such as PSG devices, screening devices, actigraphy systems, Positive Airway
Pressure (PAP) devices, humidifiers, adaptive servo-ventilation systems, oxygen devices,
oral appliances, and accessories have enhanced patient compliance levels in recent years.
Incessantly rising obesity and incidence of sleep apnea, increasing awareness
regarding hypertension, stroke, Type II diabetes/adult onset diabetes and cardiovascular
diseases and its association with sleep apnea, increased adoption and acceptance of home
sleep testing devices, growing preference for oral appliances, technological advancement
in diagnostic/therapeutic devices, and upcoming novel therapies are the major drivers that
are slated to propel this market, while limited reimbursement, coupled with lack of
patient compliance is a pivotal factor restraining the growth of this market. The market
is dominated by global players like Philips Respironics, ResMed, Inc., Natus Medical
Incorporated, Fisher and Paykel Healthcare, Compumedics Limited, and CareFusion
Corporation, among others.
The diagnostic devices and therapeutic devices segments will grow at a CAGR of 15% and
17%, respectively, by 2017. The diagnostic devices market is propelled by PSG devices,
particularly clinical PSG devices. The usage of Ambulatory PSG devices is slated to
increase in the next few years due to observed patient preference to be tested at home for
convenience reasons, patient’s inclination to skip the unfamiliar environment of sleep
labs, and cost-effectiveness of these devices. The global demand for other diagnostic
devices such as respiratory polygraphs, two channel screening devices, single channel
screening devices, and actigraphy systems is also on the rise due to their low costs.
These devices serve as cost-effective and convenient options, as compared to PSG devices,
especially for the low-economic class patient pool.
The therapeutic devices market is predominantly driven by PAP devices, as these are
considered to be the first line treatment for sleep apnea and hence are most prescribed by
sleep specialists. Insurance cover for PAP devices and other supplies in developed
geographies like the U.S. and select countries in Europe is expected to boost its demand.
However, non- compliance issue with PAP devices is expected to boost the growth of the
oral appliances market. The accessories market was the largest in 2011, in terms of
volume, as they are an integral component of sleep apnea diagnostic and therapeutic
devices. With a growing sleep apnea patient pool, the demand for sleep apnea
diagnostic/therapeutic devices and accessories is bound to grow.
The global sleep apnea devices market is dominated by North America, followed by
Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America will continue to lead the sleep
apnea device market in the years to come, followed by Europe. As reimbursement policies
become more consistent across European countries, sustained steady growth is expected from
the region in the coming years. The Asian region’s contribution to the global sleep apnea
device market is expected to pick up in the coming years as the medical condition gets
more recognition from both patients and the medical fraternity alike.
Scope of the Report
The sleep apnea devices market research report categorizes the global market into
Diagnostic Devices and Therapeutic Devices. Both of these markets are broken down into
segments and sub-segments, providing exhaustive value-volume analysis for 2009, 2010 and
2011, as well as forecast up to 2017. Each market is comprehensively analyzed at a
granular level by geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World) to
provide in-depth information on the global scenario. A separate segment of end-user
analysis is also incorporated in the report to provide information on devices that are
used exclusively at hospital or at home and devices that are used at both places.
Browse Other Medical Device Market Reports
- Wound Care device(1) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/wound-care-device ] - Medical Adhesives & Sealant [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/medical-adhesives-sealant ] - Virtual Reality(1) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/virtual-reality ] - Urology Device(84) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/urology-device ] - Surgical Equipment(56) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/surgical-equipment ] - Respiratory Devices(69) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/respiratory-devices ] - Patient Monitoring Device(15) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/patient-monitoring-device ] - Orthopedic Device(106) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/orthopedic-device ] - Ophthalmic Devices(81) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/ophthalmic-devices ] - Neurology Devices(43) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/neurology-devices ] - Needles & Syringes(7) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/needles-syringes ] - minimally invasive surgery device(1) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/minimally-invasive-surgery-device ] - Medical Laser(9) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/medical-laser ] - Infusion device(1) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/infusion-device ] - ENT Device(103) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/ent-device ] - Durable Medical Equipment(2) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/durable-medical-equipment ] - Drug Delivery device(40) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/drug-delivery-device ] - Disposable medical device [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/disposable-medical-device ] - Diabetes Device(2) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/diabetes-device ] - Dental Equipment(5) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/dental-equipment ] - Catheters(78) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/catheters ] - Cardiovascular Device(131) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/cardiovascular-device ] - Blood device [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/blood-device ] - Anesthesia Device(137) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/anesthesia-device ] - Aesthetic Device(3) [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices/aesthetic-device ]
Global sleep apnea market, by segments
- Diagnostic Devices - Therapeutic Devices
Global sleep apnea diagnostic devices market, by products
- Polysomnography (PSG) Devices - Clinical PSG Devices - Ambulatory PSG Devices - Respiratory polygraphs - Two Channel Screening Devices (Nasal Flow Sensors, SPO2) - Single Channel Screening Devices (Pulse Oximeters) - Actigraphy Systems
Global sleep apnea therapeutic devices market, by products
- Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices - CPAP Devices - APAP Devices - Bi-level Devices - Facial Interfaces - Masks - Full Face Masks - Nasal Masks - Nasal Pillow Masks - Oral Masks - Adaptive Servo-Ventilation - Airway Clearance Systems - Oxygen Devices - Concentrators - Home Oxygen Filling Systems - Liquid Portable Oxygen - Accessories - Pillows - Masks Cleaning Wipes - Chin Restraints - Tube Covers - Filters - DC Convertors - Power & Batteries - Headgears - Nebulizers - Tubings - Humidifiers - Others - Oral Appliances - Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD) - Tongue Retaining Device (TRD) - Others - Novel therapies
Global sleep apnea market, by end-users
- Home Devices - Hospital Devices - Both (Home and Hospital) Devices
Sleep apnea market, by geography
- North America - Europe - Asia - Rest of the World (RoW)
- Interventional Cardiology & Peripheral Vascular Devices Market To 2016 (Embolic Protection, Chronic Total Occlusion, Coronary Atherectomy, Thrombectomy Devices, IVUS & Angiography Catheters, EVAR Stent Grafts, IVC Filters, Stents, Balloons and Accessory Devices) - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis [ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/interventional-cardiology-peripheral-vascular-devices -market-to-2016-embolic-protection-chronic-total-occlusion-coronary-atherectomy-thromb ectomy-devices-ivus-angiography-catheters-evar-sten-market-report.html ] - Minimally Invasive Medical Robotics, Imaging & Visualization Systems & Surgical Instruments Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/minimally-invasive-medical-robotics-imaging-visualization-systems-surgical-instruments-market-2011-2016-global-trends-competitive-analysis-market-report.html ] - Biotechnology Reagents Market by Technology (PCR, Cell Culture, Expression & Transfection, Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Electrophoresis, & Flow Cytometry), Applications (Protein Purification, Gene Expression, DNA & RNA Analysis, & Drug Testing) and End-Users - Current Trends, Opportunities and Global Forecasts to 2016 [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/biotechnology-reagents-market-by-technology-pcr-cell-culture-expression-transfection-chromatography-mass-spectrometry-electrophoresis-flow-cytometry-applications-protein-purification-ge-market-report.html ] - Dental Equipment Market (Dental Radiology, CAD/CAM, Dental Chairs, Dental Lasers) Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts Uptill 2016 [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/dental-equipment-market-dental-radiology-cadcam-dental-chairs-dental-lasers-current-trends-opportunities-global-forecasts-uptill-2016-market-report.html ] - Ablation Devices Market to 2016 - (Radiofrequency, Cryoablation, Microwave, Ultrasound, Hydrothermal, Radiation, Cardiac, Cancer and Gynecology) - Global Market Forecast and Trends Analysis by Technology, Devices & Applications [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/ablation-devices-market-to-2016-radiofrequency-cryoablation-microwave-ultrasound-hydrothermal-radiation-cardiac-cancer-and-gynecology-global-market-forecast-and-trends-analysis-by-market-report.html ]
RnrMarketResearch.com (http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com) is an online market
research reports [http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com ] library of 175,000+ in-depth studies
of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from
across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
Contact: Priyank Tiwari TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza, 17304, Preston Road, Suite 800, Dallas 75252 Tel: +1-888-391-5441 firstname.lastname@example.org