MSSD Releases Tip List for Top 10 Healthy Foods
Massage School San Diego has released a list of the top 10 healthiest foods, in hopes of encouraging healthier eating across the country after Wal-Mart’s announcement that it has partnered up with insurance company Humana to reward healthy food shoppers.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) September 30, 2012
Wal-Mart announced that it has partnered with Humana to provide rewards for shoppers who buy healthy foods in its store locations. In hopes of further encouraging healthy eating, Massage School San Diego, a proponent of healthy living and San Diego massage school, has issued a list, noting the top 10 healthiest foods.
According to Reuters, as part of a partnership with Humana health insurance, Wal-Mart will soon offer rewards to HumanaVitality members who buy healthy foods in Wal-Mart stores. Starting Oct. 15, the retail giant will give a 5 percent store credit to HumanaVitality shoppers who buy one of more than 1,300 healthy items. Eligible purchases include vegetables, fruit, lean meats, skim milk, brown rice and more. Rewards are added to members’ HumanaVitality cards and can be used in store for future purchases.
In conjunction with Wal-Mart’s healthy shopper rewards program, Massage School San Diego has issued a list of the top 10 healthiest foods, with aims of encouraging healthy eating:
- Broccoli – Full of Vitamins C and K, broccoli helps build strong bones.
- Dark Chocolate – Surprisingly, this tasty treat can reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
- Salmon – With its omega-3 fatty acids, salmon can reduce the risk of heart disease and even cancer.
- Greek Yogurt – It’s high in protein, calcium and bacteria that improve your immune system.
- Avocados – Full of healthy fats, fiber and folate, avocados can reduce your risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol.
- Spinach – Rich in antioxidants, spinach helps boost your immune system, encourage eye health and even prevent cancer.
- Beans – With high amounts of calcium, potassium and magnesium, beans are linked to reduced risks of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and more.
- Nuts – According to the USDA, 1.5 oz. of nut every day can lower the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Oatmeal – This high in fiber food can reduce your chances of getting heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Olive Oil – This heart-healthy food reduces your LDL cholesterol (the bad kind) and increases your HDL cholesterol (the good kind.)
Wal-Mart is a retail store chain with nearly 9,000 locations worldwide. Founded in 1962 by Sam Walton, Wal-Mart has 2.2 million employees and boasts an annual revenue of $446 billion.
Humana is a U.S.-based health insurance provider. It provides services to more than 11 million customers. Founded in 1961 in Louisiville, Kentucky, Humana has more than 40,000 employees.
HumanaVitality is a rewards program for members of Humana health insurance. As part of the program, participants are given reward points for making healthy food choices or reaching health-related goals.
Following Wal-Mart’s announcement that it will soon offer rewards to healthy food shoppers, Massage School San Diego has released a list of the top 10 healthiest foods.
About Massage School San Diego:
A long-standing resource to the San Diego massage education community, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com provides guidance and assistance to incoming massage students, incoming attendees, and the massage schools of San Diego themselves. MSSD is also a purveyor of health news, healthy living tips, and healthy eating advice for man and animal alike.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebhealth-wellness-programs/healthy-living-massage/prweb9960741.htm