Parthenon Announces an Interview with the Main Author of its Report on Emerging Opportunities in Targeted Payload Cancer Therapeutics
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Parthenon Associates, LLC (“Parthenon” www.parthenonassociates.com), a Financial Consulting firm that provides consulting and strategic advisory services to Life Sciences, Biotechnology, and Development-Stage Technology companies, will webcast live an interview with Philip Cohen, the main author of “TARGETED PAYLOAD CANCER THERAPEUTICS: THE NEXT GENERATION EMERGES”, an industry report on Targeted Payload Cancer Therapeutics (TPCTs). The report examines the promise of TPCTs, drugs that combine precision cancer-targeting agents with toxins or radioisotopes, to create powerful and safe treatments for many forms of cancer with a $15 billion market potential. An in-depth analysis of the dynamic cancer market, cancer treatment, TPCT development, TPCT economic and reimbursement issues, as well as an examination of companies developing these novel drugs are included.
Dr. Philip Cohen, the principal author of the report, will be interviewed in depth on the key industry trends and expected future developments. After the interview, lines will be open for viewers and listeners questions.
The panel discussion will be broadcast live on October 11 at 11 AM Eastern Time and may be accessed through http://www.veomed.com/grandrounds?gnr=871099. The login details are: Username:firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions from the audience will be accepted via https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/681583853.
The details are as follows:
Dial +1 (805) 309-0027
Access Code: 681-583-853
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 681-583-853
Key Highlights of the Report
- Targeted Payload Cancer Therapeutics recently hit three milestones, rekindling excitement among investors about their marketplace viability, including FDA approval of a TPCT drug and promising results in Phase III trials of two different products.
- There is a small but growing pipeline of promising TPCTs in earlier phases of clinical testing. These products are positioned as first line treatments for indications with significant unmet medical needs.
- Next generation TPCTs are expected to be priced at a premium based on the cost of alternative treatments, survival benefits, and the economic/reimbursement environment. Product case studies suggest potential prices ranging from $60,000 to more than $100,000 per treatment.
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is poised to attain a leadership position in the development TPCTs that combine radioisotope payloads with monoclonal antibody targeting agents. The company has two lead products already tested in about 300 patients with Phase I and II clinical trials underway: Iomab-B for preparing difficult-to-treat cancer patients for hematopoietic stem cell transplant and Actimab-A for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in the elderly.
- Actinium’s Alpha Particle Immunotherapy Platform (APIT) uses more powerful, safer radiation than in current TPCT products and has broad applications for the treatment of many cancers.
About the authors
The 100+ page report was compiled over several months by a team with extensive and varied experience in healthcare. Key members are:
- Robert LeBoyer, Founder of Parthenon Associates, is a veteran Healthcare Equity Research Analyst.
- Philip Cohen is an Industry Consultant and Science Journalist with 20 years of expertise covering medicine and biotechnology.
About our services
Parthenon Associates provides consulting and strategic advisory services to companies in the Life Sciences, Biotechnology, and Development-Stage Technology industries. Parthenon’s Corporate Services include advising companies on product development acquisitions and product licensing, investor relations, and capital markets issues.
Robert LeBoyer, Principal. T: (914) 594-4931. email@example.com.
SOURCE Parthenon Associates, LLC