Bob Greene’s Best Life Offers Tricks to Surviving Halloween’s Treats
NIWOT, Colo., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Halloween (and Halloween celebrations) will soon be upon us. For folks who are trying to follow a healthy lifestyle plan, the abundance of bite-sized sweets and treats can be too tempting to avoid. As if that weren’t frightening enough, Halloween also marks the unofficial start of the upcoming holiday season. But fear not — Bob Greene, founder of TheBestLife.com, (www.thebestlife.com) offers a few helpful hints for having a happy and healthy Halloween, and starting the holiday season off on the right foot.
“The key to enjoying Halloween is to have a plan of action beforehand,” says Greene (who counts Oprah Winfrey as one of his clients). Create your own healthy Halloween plan using some of the tricks below.
Bob Greene’s Tricks for a Healthy Halloween from The Best Life:
- Delay candy shopping: If you have bags of candy lying around your home for weeks before the holiday, you will start to dip into them. Stores will have plenty of candy to sell, even the day before Halloween so make this the last thing you do for the holiday.
- Opt for lower calorie treats: When you do shop, consider getting hard candy, such as small lollipops, which have fewer calories than gooey chocolate and caramel treats.
- Buy your least favorite candy. If there’s a type of sweet you can’t stand, make that your candy of choice for treat-or-treaters. That way, you won’t be tempted to taste.
- Eat before trick-or-treating: You will need the energy to take your kids around anyway, so you may as well have a healthy meal before heading out. If you’re feeling full, you’ll be less likely to sample all the sweets.
- Don’t neglect your workouts: It’s fine to enjoy a little candy on Halloween, but don’t forget to sneak in a workout. Try to add an extra 15 minutes to your sweat session to help offset the calorie splurge.
- Partner with other families: Find other like-minded moms and dads in your neighborhood who want to offer healthier options and make those homes your designated trick-or-treat spots.
- Go bobbing for apples: Apples are high in fiber, plus they contain quercetin, which has cancer-fighting properties.
About Best Life
Best Life is a company devoted to helping you become your healthiest. Its popular online weight loss plan, TheBestLife.com, based on Bob Greene’s best-selling The Best Life Diet, is focused on helping individuals create their best life and encouraging them to enjoy it each and every day. Behind all of our advice is the belief that losing weight shouldn’t be about counting calories or deprivation, eating nutritiously shouldn’t require sacrificing taste, and living healthfully shouldn’t be a chore. Rather, living your best life involves making smart choices that fit into your lifestyle. It’s about taking pleasure in eating foods that taste good and are good for you. Ultimately, it’s a way of living that brings more joy and satisfaction to your life. www.thebestlife.com 1-888-454-3313.
Please let us know if you would like any artwork or need further information.
Press Contact: Margo Donohue
Find us on Facebook at The Best Life http://facebook.com/oprahstrainer
You Tube: http://youtube.com/bestlifediet
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Best Life