Accuray to Announce Significant Product News at ASTRO
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY), the premier radiation oncology company, will announce significant product news at the 54th Annual American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Meeting taking place at the Boston Convention Center. Accuray will unveil two advanced technology platforms designed to deliver unparalleled, precise and personalized treatment to the full range of cancer patients. There will be many opportunities to learn about Accuray’s advanced radiation oncology treatment solutions at the 2012 ASTRO annual meeting, including:
- New product unveiling: Join Accuray’s President and Chief Executive Officer Joshua H. Levine, when he presents the company’s two advanced technology platforms on Sunday, October 28 at 11:00 a.m. ET in the Accuray booth #7101. The presentation will reveal the results of Accuray’s investment in the development of these next generation technologies, which will be on display in the booth. The presentation will review their clinical capabilities and the value they bring to both patients and physicians within the radiation oncology community.
- Clinical research presentations: Accuray’s CyberKnife® Robotic Radiosurgery and TomoTherapy® Radiation Therapy Systems will be the subject of many clinical presentations and posters. A paper session on hypofractionated treatment of prostate cancer that will include three talks on CyberKnife prostate SBRT is scheduled for Wednesday, October 30 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. All presentation dates, times and locations for clinical presentations on the CyberKnife and TomoTherapy Systems can be found here (http://www.accurayboston2012.com/Booths.aspx).
- Industry expert theater: Accuray will host a symposium at the ASTRO Industry Expert Theater titled, “New Clinical Advancements in the Field of Radiosurgery and Radiation Therapy,” presented by Mary Ann Stevenson, M.D., Ph.D., Radiation Oncologist and Chief, Department of Radiation Oncology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and PD Dr. Florian Sterzing, M.D., Consultant Radiation Oncologist at University Clinic of Heidelberg on Monday, October 29, 2012 from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET in the Exhibit Hall. Lunch will be served.
- In-booth presentations and product demonstrations: At the top of each hour while the exhibit hall is open, Accuray will offer in-booth presentations and product demonstrations on the clinical advantages of both the TomoTherapy and CyberKnife Systems. The exhibit hall will be open Sunday, October 28 – Tuesday, October 30 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET each day. For those interested in registering for product demonstrations in advance please visit: http://www.accurayboston2012.com/.
- Investor meeting: Accuray’s management will host a breakfast meeting for institutional investors and research analysts on Monday, October 29 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. E.D.T. on Monday, October 29 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, 606 Congress Street Boston, in the Pacific Ballroom, Salon A-C. The presentation will provide a review of Accuray’s new technology platforms that will be introduced at ASTRO. A live webcast of the presentation will be available online from the investor relations section of the company website at www.accuray.com/investors. Investors and analysts planning to attend this meeting are asked to register no later than Friday, October 19 from our event website: http://www.cvent.com/d/bcqxrm.
Additional ASTRO Activities:
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Participation, Titanium sponsor: Accuray will be located at table one on the fourth floor atrium area of the Boston Marriott Copley Place, Boston MA.
- The Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators (SROA) participation, Platinum sponsor: Accuray will be located at table four found on the first floor the Hyatt Regency, Cambridge, MA. Additionally, on Sunday, October 28 at 11:45 a.m. ET Accuray will be presenting on our latest product offerings at the SROA table.
Follow the Accuray Twitter handle, @Accuray, for real-time updates from the ASTRO show floor. To schedule a briefing with an Accuray executive, please contact Rebecca Phillips, email@example.com or +1 (408) 242-3831.
Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY), based in Sunnyvale, Calif., is the premier radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures and sells personalized innovative treatment solutions that set the standard of care, with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. The Company’s leading edge treatment solutions – the CyberKnife and TomoTherapy Systems – are designed to deliver radiosurgery, stereotactic body radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, image guided radiation therapy, and adaptive radiation therapy. To date 642 systems have been installed in leading hospitals around the world. For more information, please visit www.accuray.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, significance of product releases, range of cancer patients, clinical capabilities of products, clinical research, clinical advantages, quality of treatments, and the Company’s leadership position in radiation oncology innovation. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including risks detailed from time to time under the heading “Risk Factors” in the company’s report on Form 10-K filed on September 10,( )2012. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the Company at the time those statements are made and/or management’s good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The Company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Accuray Incorporated