Fresno Surgical Hospital Named #1 In California For Joint Replacement Care 2 Years In A Row (2012-2013)
FRESNO, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Joint Replacement care at Fresno Surgical Hospital is in the top 5% of the nation according to a new report from Healthgrades, the leading provider of information to help consumers make informed decisions about physicians and hospitals. The report, American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, evaluates how approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide performed on nearly 30 of the most common conditions treated and procedures performed from 2009 through 2011.
“We are honored to receive these prestigious Healthgrades awards,” says Kristine Kassahn, Chief Executive Officer of Fresno Surgical Hospital. “Our top priority is to deliver the highest quality surgical care. The outstanding surgeons, nurses and support staff at Fresno Surgical Hospital are the reason we continue to be recognized as a top performing hospital.”
Other notable awards presented to Fresno Surgical Hospital include:
America’s Best 100 Hospitals
- One of HealthGrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement(TM) for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award(TM) for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Joint Replacement for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in CA for Joint Replacement for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013) (Ranked 1 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Joint Replacement for 11 Years in a Row (2003-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spine Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 11 Years in a Row (2003-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back and Neck Surgery (Spinal Fusion) for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Prostatectomy Excellence Award(TM) for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Prostatectomy for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Ranked #5 in CA for Prostatectomy in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in CA for Prostatectomy for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013) (Ranked 5 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Prostatectomy for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
Healthgrades evaluated approximately 40 million Medicare hospitalization records for services performed from 2009 through 2011 at approximately 4,500 short-term, acute care hospitals nationwide. Patients being treated in hospitals receiving 5 stars have, on average, 61% lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated by hospitals receiving 1 star (based on 2009-2011 data across nine common procedures and diagnoses).
The 2013 Healthgrades hospital quality outcomes are available at www.healthgrades.com.
Healthgrades independently measures hospitals based on data that hospitals submit to the federal government. No hospital can opt in or out of the analysis, and no hospital pays to be measured.
Information about the American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, is available at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
About Fresno Surgical Hospital
Fresno Surgical Hospital is a fully-licensed, Joint Commission-accredited hospital that delivers award-winning clinical care and patient satisfaction to patients throughout Central California. The physician-owned hospital was founded in 1984, and today serves approximately 8,200 patients annually. FSH’s non-traditional, hotel-like accommodations and commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction have led the hospital to be recognized as a top performer both in the state of California and nationally. For more information, visit www.FresnoSurgicalHospital.com.
Contact: Nikki Cary
SOURCE Fresno Surgical Hospital