Amdocs Launches Cloud-Based eHealth Solutions to Give Service Providers Fast Entry to Growing Market
CHICAGO, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, launched two new cloud-based solutions to provide support for in-home management and monitoring of elderly and chronically-ill patients today at 4G World. Amdocs Home Health Monitoring and Amdocs’ solution for Aging in Place enable service providers to enter the rapidly expanding eHealth market while helping families, healthcare providers and governments reduce costs by keeping patients out of hospitals and allowing them to recover and age safely in their homes.
- Amdocs Home Health Monitoring: Provides a secure portal for patients and doctors/care practitioners that can be accessed from remote monitoring centers. Amdocs Home Health Monitoring can monitor multiple chronic diseases, collect personal health records, analyze patients’ home test results and send necessary alerts to healthcare practitioners.
- Amdocs’ solution for Aging in Place: Allows service providers to offer a secure, web-based monitoring solution for the elderly, giving relatives and other caregivers remote access to monitoring devices to help the elderly live independently, longer. By combining readily-available third-party products such as monitor cameras, panic buttons, door locks, motion sensors and smoke detectors with healthcare accessories, such as pill dispensers, weight scales, blood pressure readers, glucose monitors for diabetes and fall detection systems, Amdocs’ solution for Aging in Place delivers a full remote monitoring solution for the elderly.
Both solutions are device- and protocol-agnostic, which enables communication capable health accessories to relay data to smartphones, tablets or other home gateway equipment, which then sends the collected data to the Amdocs cloud. The solutions are pre-integrated with Amdocs Connected Home solution, a cloud-based offering that provides a rich suite of “digital lifestyle” home services allowing for market expansion into other home services (security, automation, energy, multimedia). The solutions also easily integrate to the service provider’s existing business, operational and customer management systems to ensure an improved customer experience.
“Crippling healthcare costs, especially the management of chronic diseases which represents more than 75 percent(1) of overall healthcare costs in the US, combined with increased life expectancy, is leading to a massive increase in demand for connected healthcare technologies that enable cost-effective, in-home monitoring of the elderly and of patients with chronic diseases,” said Stuart Sikes, President of Parks Associates. “A number of service providers capitalizing on the innovative communication capabilities of today’s digital life have already introduced connected home solutions and many more will introduce eHealth solutions in the near term.”
“These new Amdocs eHealth solutions reflect the growing importance of cloud-based services and Amdocs’ innovation in this area. Offered as SaaS (Software as a Service), these solutions enable service providers to benefit from fast time-to-market and cost efficiencies,” said Rebecca Prudhomme, vice president for product and solutions marketing at Amdocs. “These solutions harness our expertise in business, operational and customer care system integration, and high-volume event processing to deliver secure solutions that can enable service providers to offer a packaged suite of revenue-generating(2) home services.”
(1) According to Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, Chronic Diseases report, 2009
(2) According to Amdocs’ internal testing, simulation and test case deployments, solutions for home monitoring by family members can increase ARPU (average revenue per user) by up to $5-$10 per month, while hospital monitored solutions can increase ARPU significantly more. Benefits will vary depending on customer implementation.
- Keep up with Amdocs news and blogs by visiting the company’s website
- Subscribe to Amdocs’ RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers’ success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of approximately $3.2 billion in fiscal 2011, Amdocs and its over 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company’s products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011 and our quarterly 6-K filed forms furnished on February 2, May 15 and August 16, 2012.