Nonin Medical, Inc. Announces Publication of Two Studies that Demonstrate Effectiveness of its EQUANOX(TM) Model 7600 Regional Oximeter System
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Nonin Medical, Inc. announced today the publication of two separate studies that demonstrate the clinical efficacy of the company’s EQUANOX(TM) Model 7600 Cerebral and Somatic Oximetry System in adult and pediatric patients. The studies, published in the Annals of Thoracic Surgery (November) and the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia (December), demonstrate the clinical effectiveness of Nonin’s EQUANOX sensors in measuring critical oxygen saturation levels in the brain.(1-2) The studies are the first published results to demonstrate the absolute accuracy of a near infra-red spectroscopy (NIRS) cerebral oximeter system in a wide range of patients. Nonin Medical sponsored the studies.
The EQUANOX System is a NIRS-based monitoring device that noninvasively and continuously detects oxygen saturation status in the brain and other tissue. The device allows clinicians to quickly react to reverse harmful tissue ischemia events before they become critical.
“Nonin is pleased with the publication of these peer-reviewed studies validating the industry-leading absolute accuracy of the EQUANOX cerebral oximeter system,” said Jill Wroblewski, Senior Manager of Market Development for Nonin Medical. Unlike other regional oximetry systems that may only indicate whether oxygen levels are increasing or decreasing, EQUANOX’s proprietary technology provides real-time absolute accuracy of actual physiologic conditions on neonatal to adult patients, regardless of age, weight or skin color, for accuracy clinicians can trust and act on.”
Advantages of the EQUANOX Advance Model 7600 Oximetry System include:
- Cerebral and Somatic Monitoring – Up to four channels displayed on one screen for monitoring oxygen saturation in the brain and somatic sites on the body
- Patented Dual-Light Emitters and Detectors with Four Wavelength Accuracy - The first and only device that utilizes a dual-light emitting and detecting sensor architecture, which has been shown to more effectively target the cerebral cortex, eliminating surface artifacts that interfere with measurement accuracy(3)
- Absolute Accuracy – Assures accurate measure of tissue saturation at a point in time, not just relative or trending accuracy of changes
- Consistency and Reliability – Rapid, reliable response to change without signal instability and interruptions from ambient electrical and light interference
- Portability and Connectivity – Lightweight, durable monitor with long battery life and pole-mounting capability for continually monitoring patients during intra-hospital transport. Data output available via Bluetooth(®) wireless technology or RS232 connection. Interfaces with Philips(®) VueLink to provide connectivity to a variety of Philips multi-parameter monitors, Philips CompuRecord Anesthesia Information System, Spectrum Medical VIPER Independent Data Management System and Sorin Perfusion Data Management System. Also interfaces with CAPSULE gateways to allow connectivity to a variety of electronic medical record systems, including EPIC.
Visit noninequanox.com to view the published articles, obtain more information about the Nonin EQUANOX Regional Oximetry System, and schedule on onsite demonstration or evaluation.
About Nonin Medical, leaders in noninvasive medical monitoring
Nonin Medical, Inc. invented the finger pulse oximeter and designs and manufactures noninvasive medical monitoring solutions that meet customers’ technology needs today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., with an additional service center in Hudiksvall, Sweden, Nonin Medical sells its pulse and regional oximeters, capnographs, sensors and software to health professionals and consumers in more than 125 countries. The company also has more than 100 OEM partners worldwide. For more information, visit nonin.com.
SOURCE Nonin Medical, Inc.