Potomac Seniors Village’s Guide to Making and Keeping New Year’s Resolutions
Potomac Seniors Village offers new year´s resolutions that can help seniors have a happy and healthy year.
Potomac, Maryland (PRWEB) January 03, 2013
The holiday season is now over. Gifts have been exchanged, delicious food has been devoured and goodbyes have been given. It is now the start of a brand new year which means changes in lifestyle, attitude and overall outlook of life. Now is the time when new year´s resolutions are made, such as losing weight, moving up the career ladder and looking forward to a fresh start. Potomac Seniors Village, an assisted living center in Potomac Maryland is also looking forward to a great year ahead. With many new year´s resolutions in mind, the assisted living facility in Potomac Maryland has compiled a list of the top five new year´s resolutions for all seniors to have a happier and healthier year ahead.
1. Eating Healthy — This is often the first of many resolutions for people. However, this is especially important for seniors. One way to keep this resolution is to begin eating home-cooked meals. The residents Potomac Seniors Village eat three home-cooked meals each day. These meals include casseroles, pastas, sandwiches and many more. In addition, unlimited snacks are given throughout the day. Fruit and yogurt are often the favorite snacks of many residents.
2. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise — Physical activity is an essential component of healthy living. It helps digest food, keep bodies fit and makes seniors feel good. The residents of the assisted living facility in Potomac Maryland enjoy taking advantage of the spacious driveways and yards by taking walks several times a day. For those who are not mobile, certified nursing assistants take them outside in their wheelchairs to get some fresh air.
3. Maintaining Good Mental Health — Keeping seniors ℠ minds active and challenged at all times is a great way to maintain good mental health. Potomac Seniors Village offers several board games and activities throughout the day. Seniors can play with staff and their friends. Other activities include reading recipes when helping staff cook in the kitchen, doing word games, and reading the daily newspaper. A computer is available for unlimited use which opens a world of opportunities to enhance seniors´ memory and mental health.
4. Keeping in Touch with Family — The biggest asset that seniors treasure are their families. They love seeing, talking to and about them. The assisted living center in Potomac Maryland encourages families to stay in touch with their loved ones. Families are welcome to visit their loved ones at any time. For residents who are tech savvy, Skype is available to video-chat with their loved ones.
5. Continuing Good Habits — Whether good habits are being continued or even being started, they are an essential component of living a fulfilling life. Examples of good habits that seniors can maintain are reading, writing, and most of all, thinking positively! The residents of Potomac Seniors Village enjoy doing just this. Residents enjoy spending their time reading their favorite books off of the big bookshelves and writing letters and cards to their loved ones. Residents also enjoy sitting together at the table during meals and sharing all the great memories from the past about their friends and family.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebpotomacseniorsvillage/newyearsresolutions/prweb10287549.htm