Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kiya Movassaghi Reveals 6 Ways to Make a Facelift Last
EUGENE, Oregon, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — While a facelift procedure produces a renewed youthful appearance that lasts for many years, its results can be enhanced and maintained in the post-surgical period, says Dr. Kiya Movassaghi, a leading Oregon plastic surgeon.
“A plastic surgery procedure is an opportunity to regain a youthful appearance that’s diminished gradually through the years,” says Dr. Movassaghi. “But without a consistent strategy for skin maintenance, the gains made through plastic surgery will be lost more quickly.”
Dr. Movassaghi recommends 6 steps to make a facelift last:
1. Protect against further sun damage. This step is essential, says Dr. Movassaghi, and is especially important immediately after the procedure. Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided. Using sun block with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 to 40 should become a daily habit.
2. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Poor choices such as smoking or extreme fluctuations in weight will have a negative effect on plastic surgery results over the long term, undoing the gains made through the procedure. Exercise, hydration, and a balanced diet will go a long way toward maintaining a youthful look achieved through a facelift.
3. Enhance with injectables. While most patients will maintain a youthful look for years after a facelift, refreshing the results with dermal fillers is an increasingly popular option, Movassaghi says. Injectables such as Juvederm®, Restalyne®, and Perlane® enhance a facial rejuvenation. BOTOX® injections can improve the appearance of lines in the upper face, areas that a traditional facelift does not affect. Use of BOTOX® over time can slow the development of new wrinkles.
4. Refresh with Exilis treatments. Exilis is an FDA-approved device for non-surgical tissue tightening and spot fat reduction. Using radio frequency wave energy, these treatments tighten skin immediately while gradually stimulating collagen production, offering long-term benefits that complement those obtained through a facelift.
5. Treat with laser resurfacing. Because the aging process inevitably continues, fine lines, skin laxity, and discoloration might arise after a facelift. Laser resurfacing refreshes the face by tightening the skin, reducing wrinkles, improving skin texture and tone, and encouraging the formation of new collagen.
6. Use professional skin care products. Because they are FDA regulated, medical-grade skin care products contain higher concentrations of active ingredients than over-the-counter (OTC) products can. They penetrate deeply to create clinically proven improvements in the appearance of the skin. Since professional-grade products are only available through a physician, he or she can develop a personalized skin care plan designed to protect the results of a facelift.
The youthful, renewed look from a surgical rejuvenation can be maintained and enhanced through a variety of lifestyle choices and treatment options, says Dr. Movassaghi. A board certified plastic surgeon can suggest the most appropriate post-surgical approach for each individual patient.
About Movassaghi Plastic Surgery & Ziba Medical Spa: Dr. Kiya Movassaghi is a board certified plastic surgeon that focuses on cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at Oregon Health & Science University’s School of Medicine in Portland. Movassaghi Plastic Surgery & Ziba Medical Spa is located at 330 South Garden Way, Suite 100, Eugene, Oregon, 97401. They can be reached by phone at 541.686.8700; for more information, visit drmovassaghi.com.
Media Contact: Niloo Marashi, Movassaghi Plastic Surgery & Ziba Medical Spa, 541.686.8700.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Movassaghi Plastic Surgery