SharpBrains Offers 10 Predictions on How Digital Platforms will Transform Brain Health in 2013 — New Market Report Highlights Self-Administered Brain Health Check-ups
WASHINGTON, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — SharpBrains, the leading market research firm tracking brain health innovation, announced today an upcoming webinar to discuss the key findings and predictions based on “The Digital Brain Health Market 2012-2020: Web-based, mobile and biometrics-based technology to assess, monitor and enhance cognition and brain functioning”, a new market report which analyzes key industry trends, including the growing endorsement of self-administered brain health check-ups and the role tablets and mobile phones are starting to play in increased accessibility to such check-ups.
SharpBrains will hold an executive webinar on Wednesday, January 30th, from 1:00 to 2.30pm ET, to analyze 10 key predictions and provide deeper context around them. The webinar will be reserved for those individuals and organizations who order the market report.
“Compared to physical fitness, the fitness of the brain is often overlooked by both individuals and health systems,” said Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains, recently named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, “but we see positive and broad changes on how brain health is defined, monitored, maintained, and enhanced across the lifespan, and digital platforms are going to play a key role.”
Here are 10 predictions based on the market report “The Digital Brain Health Market 2012-2020″, many of which will likely be realized before the end of 2013:
- More than one million adults in North America alone will take a self-administered annual brain health check-up via their iPad or Android tablet.
- More than one million amateur athletes will better manage possible concussions by taking cognitive baseline tests via a mobile device.
- More than 150,000 teenage and adult AAA members will access web-based brain training to become safer drivers.
- Biometrics-aided meditation will become the next big thing in corporate and consumer wellness.
- iPad-based cognitive screenings will inform more diagnoses of Alzheimer’s disease and MCI than neuroimaging.
- Patients with Multiple Sclerosis in at least 10 countries will be offered online cognitive training together with drug-based therapy to help address their condition.
- Insomnia and depression will be first-line treated with computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in at least two national health services.
- The industry’s first brain-based biomarker to predict depression treatment responses will be cleared by the FDA.
- Brain training firm Lumos Labs and/or biometrics-based developer NeuroSky will file for an IPO.
- At least one major insurer will launch an educational campaign to help adults proactively take charge of their own “brain fitness” navigating emerging research and digital brain health tools.
To purchase the full 211-page market report and participate in the webinar as an individual or organization, visit [http://www.sharpbrains.com/market-report/]. The single-user license is $995 and the enterprise license is $2,995.
About the market report “The Digital Brain Health Market 2012-2020″
This new 211-page market report tracks developments at over fifty public and private companies offering fully automated applications designed to assess, monitor and/ or enhance cognition and brain functioning, and provides important industry data, insights and analysis to help executives, entrepreneurs, technology/ health innovators and policy makers navigate the opportunities and risks of the rapidly growing Digital Brain Health field.
SharpBrains is an independent market research firm and think tank tracking health and productivity applications of cognitive and affective neuroscience, with special emphasis on non-invasive neurotechnology and the growing needs of an aging population.
The company maintains a biannual state-of-the market report series, produces an annual global and virtual professional conference, and maintains a consumer-facing guide, The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness. SharpBrains.com, the company’s educational blog, is one of the most popular brain & innovation blogs with 100,000+ monthly readers and 45,000+ eNewsletter subscribers. To learn more about SharpBrains’ work, visit www.sharpbrains.com.