Inovalon Announces Charitable Giving for 2012
BOWIE, Md., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Inovalon, Inc., a leading provider of data-driven healthcare solutions, today announced the list of organizations supported through its charitable contributions during 2012. This list includes both local and national charities within the medical, environmental, arts, and humanitarian communities.
Inovalon has made it a priority to support a wide array of organizations every year since its founding. With the continued growth of the company and its charitable giving agenda, in 2012 Dr. Keith Dunleavy, M.D., President and CEO of Inovalon, transitioned the review of its charitable support to a formal Charity Committee to better enable the ongoing expansion of the program, encouraging and embodying the mission and intention of the Company’s charitable giving. Starting in 2012, the Committee became responsible for the consideration and review of all charitable contribution requests.
“Corporate responsibility and citizenship is a key priority within Inovalon,” said Dr. Dunleavy. “We take our obligations to strong corporate citizenship seriously, and are grateful for the opportunity to support a number of organizations that provide for our communities and enrich the lives of their members.”
“Inovalon believes that it has a responsibility to a number of constituencies including not only our customers, employees, and the greater healthcare community, but also our local communities,” said Kyle Bray, Vice President and a foundational member of the Inovalon Charitable Committee. “To this end, we are honored to be able to support a number of organizations which strive to serve the communities in which our team members live and raise their families.”
In 2012, Inovalon proudly supported the following organizations:
- American Heart Association: Building healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- Annapolis Wellness House: Providing a place of understanding and information gathering for the patients, children, and families of those afflicted by cancer in and around Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Outreach Program: Providing healthcare for persons who are otherwise unable to afford the care that is most needed.
- Azalea Charities: Supporting the special needs of U.S. soldiers who have been wounded in the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Box of Rain: Providing a year-round program designed to inspire and encourage Annapolis area youth, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to gain self-esteem and to develop life skills that lead to positive contributions to the community.
- Boy Scouts of America, Baltimore Area Council: Endeavoring to develop American citizens who are physically, mentally, and emotionally fit; have a high degree of self-reliance, personal values based on religious concepts, the desire and skills to help others; understand our nation’s role in the world; have a keen respect for the basic rights of all people; and are prepared to participate in and give leadership to American society.
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater New York Councils: Providing a variety of youth development and camping programs that promote character, leadership and life skills to more than 42,000 New York City boys and girls, including more than 7,400 youth in disadvantaged communities.
- Children’s Ballet Theater of Michigan: Support of quality, youth-oriented, community-based ballet in the Michigan community.
- Ele’s Place: A community-based organization with a mission to create awareness of and support for grieving children and their families in and around Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Elmhurst Hospital Center: Supporting the new Women’s Healthcare Services Pavilion, providing additional space for enhanced gynecological services, pregnancy and prenatal care, nutrition and childbirth classes, and diabetes education.
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center: Supporting the establishment and growth of the Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center neonatal intensive care unit.
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland: Dedicated to helping girls everywhere build character and gain skills for success in the real world.
- The Lighthouse Shelter of Annapolis: Providing food, shelter, and emergency support for men and women in need within the Annapolis area.
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts: Providing the Anne Arundel County community with creative experiences through quality arts education and culturally diverse programs in performing and visual arts.
About Inovalon, Inc.
Inovalon, Inc. is a leading technology-enabled healthcare solutions provider focused on the importance of healthcare data and its ability to drive dramatic, objective improvement in clinical and quality outcomes, care management and financial performance throughout the healthcare community. Proprietary healthcare datasets, aggregation and analysis capabilities, combined with a national infrastructure of leading-edge technology, clinical prowess and deep human resources, empower Inovalon’s advanced generation of healthcare assessment and improvement through highly informed solutions. Driven by data, Inovalon uniquely identifies gaps in care, quality, data integrity, and financial performance – while also bringing to bear the resources to resolve them. This differentiating combination provides a powerful capability suite, touching more than 540,000 physicians, 220,000 clinical facilities, and more than 120 million Americans, driving high?value impact, improving the quality and economics for health plans, hospitals, physicians, patients, and researchers. Please visit www.inovalon.com for more information.
SOURCE Inovalon, Inc.