Atlantic Information Services Offers Discount on Two-Part Webinar Series about New HIPAA Regs
Participants in this week´s two-part series on new HIPAA/HITECH regs can save 25% when registering for both sessions at AISHealth.com.
(PRWEB) February 11, 2013
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Report on Medicare Compliance and Report on Patient Privacy is offering a 25% discount on this week´s two-part webinar series, “New Final Regulations Reinvent HIPAA Compliance: What Do They Mean for Hospitals and Other Covered Entities, Business Associates and ℠Subcontractors´?”
Last month, HHS´s Office for Civil Rights released long-awaited privacy and security regulation implementing HITECH Act provisions. AIS´s webinar series will explain what organizations need to know about these extraordinary new final regulations, and offer practical strategies for patient privacy and data security compliance. And, if registering for both the Feb. 12 and Feb. 13 sessions, attendees can save 25% by entering coupon code “25OFF” at checkout.
The webinars will be led by veteran HIPAA attorney Reece Hirsch, one of the nation’s leading health care privacy and security attorneys, and a partner in the San Francisco office of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP. Each webinar will run 90 minutes, with a 60-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute concluding question-and-answer period.
The Feb. 12 webinar will explain what the regulations mean for business associates/subcontractors, specifically:
- The new obligations and liabilities of BAs
- Changes to the liability of CE and CE/BA relationships
- Who are “subcontractors” and what are their new HIPAA obligations
- How CEs and BAs now should contract with/oversee subcontractors
- The changes that should be made in a CE´s BA agreements
- What to do in case of a breach at BA and subcontractor levels
The Feb. 13 webinar will be devoted to the wide range of new patient privacy and data security requirements:
- The major revision to the definition of a “breach”
- The new risk assessment standard that replaces the “harm” standard
- Required revisions to the Notice of Privacy Practices
- New restrictions on the “sale” of PHI without an individual´s authorization
- New rules for research authorizations
- New rules for the protection of genetic information and its use by health plans
- Revisions to rules for use and disclosure of PHI
- Revisions to an individual´s right to access and request restrictions
- Changes to the fundraising opt-out and disclosures for fundraising
- Expanded protection for the PHI of decedents
- Stronger enforcement of HIPAA/HITECH violations and imposition of penalties
For registration information and other details on “New Final Regulations Reinvent HIPAA Compliance,” visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/hipaa-webinars.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10414239.htm