Certify Data Systems Showcases Interoperability at Connectathon
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Certify Data Systems, Inc., a pioneer of rapidly deployable and scalable Heath Information Exchange (HIE) systems, today announced that its enterprise HIE platform, HealthLogix (TM), passed numerous Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profile tests at the 2013 IHE North America Connectathon, held January 28 – February 2 in Chicago, Ill. The company is a subsidiary of Humana Inc., one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies.
At the conference, HealthLogix successfully exchanged clinical data with other healthcare IT systems using IHE standards, proving its ability to support true interoperability in a heterogeneous vendor environment and achieve Meaningful Use Stage 2 HIE criteria.
The health information technology industry’s largest interoperability testing event, Connectathon drew over 500 of the industry’s top engineers, while the one-day educational conference attracted well over 125 participants. Certify Data Systems demonstrated that its HealthLogix(TM) enterprise HIE platform creates true interoperability with any ONC-ATCB-certified EHR product used by hospital systems, medical practices or laboratories. The Company’s proven interoperability capabilities connect hospitals and health systems with the “last mile” of community providers using a broad spectrum of EHR solutions and achieve Meaningful Use Stage 2 HIE criteria.
“For the second year in a row, Certify has proven that its interoperability capabilities, already selected by 97 health systems throughout the country, easily provide bi-directional exchange and query of patient information between disparate EHR systems,” said George Morris, Vice President of Engineering at Certify. “We are looking forward to demonstrating HealthLogix capabilities at the HIMSS13 Annual Conference this month.”
At the 2013 IHE North American Connectathon, Certify completed four testing areas:
- Consolidated-CDA–Demonstrates HealthLogix’s ability to store and display nine different types of CDA documents: CCD, Consultation Note, Diagnostic Imaging Report, Discharge Summary, Health & Physical Note, Operate Note, Procedure Note, Progress Note and Unstructured Document (typically contains embedded PDF). C-CDA is stipulated in Standards and Certification Criteria of Meaningful Use Stage 2.
- XDS.b Registry and Repository–Authenticated HealthLogix’s ability to store and query patient summaries.
- Patient Identity Manager (PIX/PDQ) –Assessed how easily disparate systems across the enterprise can query the HealthLogix platform for patient identification either through patient IDs or demographic information. PIX/PDQ also allows disparate systems to subscribe to updates about these patient identities as they change.
- Cross Community Gateway (XCA) –Established that HealthLogix customers can query and retrieve patient summaries in any healthcare system in any location across the nation, even if they are running disparate solutions. The Audit Trail and Node Authentication (ATNA) Integration Profile establishes security measures which, together with the Security Policy and Procedures, provide patient information confidentiality, data integrity and user accountability.
Certify will exhibit in booth # 717 at the HIMSS13 Annual Conference and Exhibition in New Orleans, La. on March 3 – 7, 2013.
About Certify Data Systems
Certify Data Systems, Inc., is a pioneer in health information exchange (HIE) technology and a subsidiary of Humana. The company’s HealthLogix(TM) Enterprise HIE platform has been adopted by the nation’s leading hospitals, physicians and laboratories. Certify’s HIE platform provides bi-directional semantic interoperability between disparate Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, enabling all healthcare providers to exchange essential health information in real-time. In addition to processing electronic orders and results, the HealthLogix HIE platform delivers Continuity of Care Documents and Clinical Document Architecture seamlessly across a healthcare ecosystem. Certify’s industry leading “network approach” is easy to deploy, scale, manage and support.
For more information, please visit http://www.certifydatasystems.com. Follow us on Twitter at @CertifyData.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
- Corporate Governance information
SOURCE Certify Data Systems, Inc.