Five Ways Acupuncture Can Change Lives From the Austin Sports Medicine Doctors at Medicine in Motion
Medicine in Motion’s Austin sports medicine acupuncturists have compiled a list of five ways acupuncture treatments can help change a person’s life
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
Acupuncture is a Chinese medical practice that treats illness or provides local anesthesia by inserting of needles at specified sites of the body, and has become more and more accepted as part of modern sports medicine practices. The goals of sports medicine acupuncture include returning the athlete back to their activity of choice, enhancing performance and preventing re-injury through treatment and education. Of course, acupuncture has many other benefits, as well. The Austin sports medicine acupuncturists at Medicine in Motion have shared a list of five ways acupuncture can change a person’s life:
1. Stop smoking. Acupuncture has assisted a large number of smokers with quitting. In fact, it´s been shown that acupuncture may help people eliminate several types of addictions. The treatments focus on providing relaxation and detoxification, but they also aid in eliminating withdrawal symptoms like the jitters and restlessness.
2. Eliminate stress. Everyone wants less stress in their lives, but not many people know how to go about it. Acupuncture has been shown to lower blood pressure, anxiety and stress. And since stress can often lead to physical illness, acupuncture has an added benefit in staving that off.
3. Natural pain remedies. More and more, people are seeking out natural ways to relieve pain conditions. Acupuncture is the perfect solution. It has no side effects and can help eliminate all types of pain. It can also help speed up healing because it allows for increased circulation and attraction of white blood cells to the injured area.
4. Lose weight. Acupuncture and oriental medicine assist in weigh management by helping with digestion, calming emotions, lowering appetites, increasing metabolism, and eliminating food cravings.
5. Learn something new. Studies have shown that acupuncture helps with memory, mental clarity, concentration and cognitive functions. Want to learn a new language? Trying to understand that new software? Check out acupuncture!
Medicine in Motion (MIM) specializes in providing top quality sports medicine in Austin, Texas, for athletic individuals of all ages and levels. The doctors at MIM believe active bodies are healthy bodies, therefore it is the office’s goal to keep patients energetic and fit. To that end, MIM provides treatment of injuries and illnesses, including the use of physical rehabilitation; promotes healthy living with personal training and nutrition coaching; and offers comprehensive sports medicine evaluations to optimize health, activity level and sports performance. For more information or for questions regarding sports medicine in Austin, contact Medicine in Motion at 512-257-2500 or visit the website at http://www.medinmotion.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/3/prweb10456399.htm