US Market for Orthopedic Braces and Supports
DUBLIN, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ –
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “US Market for Orthopedic
Braces and Supports” [http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nt93q7/us_market_for ]
report to their offering.
The purpose of this report is to analyze and size the US market for Orthopedic Braces and
Supports, discuss key players, market shares and identify trends impacting the market for
these products. Topics covered include product definitions, strategies, competitive
analysis, market shares and competitive position maps,key market and product segment
parameters, market conditions, brands and models, and company reviews. The report provides
detailed market estimates and forecasts for revenues in U.S. dollars and unit sales.
Knee Braces and Supports (Revenues and Unit Sales)
- Post-op / rehabilitative
Ankle Braces (Revenues and Unit Sales)
Wrist/Hand Braces (Revenues and Unit Sales)
Other Braces (Revenues)
– The US market for orthopedic braces and supports was just over $1.2 billion in 2011,
expected to grow at 4.9 percent CAGR to about $1.7 by 2018.
– The largest segment is knee braces and supports accounting for almost 71% of the
– Primary drivers include growing rates of musculoskeletal injuries in aging
populations, sports and fitness enthusiasts and ergonomic injuries in the workplace. The
trend towards protective medicine, patient preference for mnon-invasive treatment of pain,
and growing popularity of sports are all driving demand for these devices.
– Primary restraints include competition from alternative methods of treatment and
management of musculoskeletal problems, cost and discomfort, requirement for prescription
for many types of devices and restricted reimbursement.
– Entry barriers are relatively low, with several small niche players entering the
market with similar technologies. Intense competition continues to drive down average
selling prices and forcing manufacturers to introduce new designs to stay competitive.
- Manufacturers include specialists in sports medicine, orthopedic and prosthetics
experts, ergonomic products suppliers and general medical product manufacturers
– DJO is the largest provider of orthopedic braces and supports through various brands
from DonJoy, Aircast, ProCare, among others. Other significant players include Ossur,
Bledsoe, Bird and Cronin, Breg, McDavid, Mueller, Hely and Weber, FLA Orthopedics, Otto
This report can help in:
– Assessing the US market for Orthopedic Braces and Supports, growth segments, and
– Understanding market drivers and restraints, and market segmentation and market
– Business planning, strategic decision making and competitive strategy.
– Identifying opportunities for partnerships and alliances.
- 3M Healthcare - Bauerfeind USA - Biomet - Inc. - Bird & Cronin - Inc. - Bledsoe Brace Systems - Breg - Inc. - BSN medical GmbH - Chase Ergonomics - Inc. - Cho-Pat Inc. - Darco International - Inc. - DeRoyal Industries Inc. - DJO Global - Inc. - Frank Stubbs Co. - Inc. - FLA Orthopedics/ BSN Medical Inc. - Freeman Manufacturing Co. - Hely & Weber - Langer Biomechanics - McDavid Inc. - Medical Specialties - Inc. - Mueller Sports Medicine - Inc. - OccuNomix International - Inc. - Ossur - Otto Bock Health Care - PALUMBO Orthopaedics - Restorative Care of America - Inc. - SOLO Laboratories - Inc. - Surgical Appliance Industries - Swede-O Inc. - Townsend Design - Trulife Ltd. - VQ rthoCare - Zimmer Holdings Inc.
For more information visit
Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager. email@example.com U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Sector: Orthopedic Devices [http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=235&campaign_id=nt93q7 ]
SOURCE Research and Markets